Apology

[a/n: sorry not sorry for that cliffhanger haha !! Also how much foreshadowing can I fit into one chapter-]

Third Person P.O.V

What Komaeda was met with, was a mostly empty bagel shop, the only person there being none other than Hajime Hinata. Miu was right behind the pale boy, while he was trying to silently piece together what was happening. He looked over to the ultimate behind him, only to see a wide grin spread to her face. The look in her eyes practically screamed that she knew what was going on. He snapped his gaze back to the brunette, to see that he too, had a smile on his face; but it was more of a sweeter one, than the kind of grin Iruma had on. The cloudette felt the need to speak up. "Wh-what exactly is going on here?" He chuckled, nervousness underlying his chuckle. "We're having more of a date that *I* would have planned, because I have a lot to say, and we need the right setting for it," Hajime quite simply explained. He walked over to one of the multiple empty seats, and the only objects taking place on the table in front were a tray full of different kinds of bagels, cream cheese, a butter knife, and two glasses of water. This was certainly more effortless than the ruined McDonald's date, but to Nagito, it felt more at-home and comforting. 

"Go and get it, Hope-man!" The blue eyed female whisper-cheered into the white haired boy's ear, before leaving the shop. But Komaeda definitely didn't mind. He had some sort of feeling that things could go well here, the supposable bad luck had now just derailed into this fortunate turn of events. The tall male walked over towards the table, then taking the empty seat. If there weren't the savory scent of the bagels, they would be in a more awkward light. "I actually made all of these myself, to make this whole entire.. Thing more genuine," Hajime spoke, a smile trailing with his statement. Nagito smiled to that as well, wishing he had all the right words to say in thanks and appreciation, but even if he were able to find those right words he'd be ranting for hours. 

"Well, um- what exactly did you want to talk about? I'm sure this isn't just some date to make up for the one the other day," was what he ended up saying. He grabbed one of the bagels, a knife, and lathered the knife with the cream cheese. With that, he lathered the bagel with cream cheese with the knife, and began eating the bagel, as the brown haired boy in front of him would begin explaining why he wanted Komaeda there in the first place. "This is going to take a lot of words, but.. I really, just felt bad. No, terrible; I felt terrible for leaving you there without a word," he sighed, "I wasn't mad at you at all, if that's what you're thinking. I was, yes, frustrated, but it wasn't your fault. You have dementia and lymphoma, and that's not your fault in any way, shape, or form. I was just frustrated with how unfair everything had to be, and I overreacted. I'm upset with the fact that you have all this in general, especially with how I *just* got everything I've been wanting for a while back, it's hard to go from knowing that you have changed so damned drastically."

After a few moments, the pale male nodded, swallowing down his food and lightly clearing his throat. "That's very understandable. I knew you'd have some kind of negative reaction all along, even though I am one of the worst beings on Earth, I would most likely be sad about it if I were in your shoes. And that's fine, but I personally think it should just end with an 'I give up'." The last bit of what he was saying, entirely put the brunette off. "Wait, what? Give up? That's an abrupt turn.. What do you mean, exactly?" His eyes narrowed. "Well, what's the point? If you care too much, you'll be hurt. Example, I cared for my parents too much, and now their death has scarred me. That's just how things work for me now, because of my luck; just my existence effects others and myself too greatly. So there's hardly a point in caring anymore," Nagito's reply was overall.. Confusing. Hajime couldn't be fully sure of how to reply to the jumbled line of words, but he at least could come up with some kind of response.

"I... I don't quite understand whatever gibberish you just spat at me, but," the olive eyed boy sighed, "pushing me away is a waste. If I push you away, that's going to be a waste too. There may be some kind of help that could aid you in living longer. What was it, chemotherapy? Even if that gave you only one extra day of a life, I'd still do my best to cherish it with you. Dying alone would be the biggest waste out of all this, at least just do the best you can with the life you had." He tried his best with his advice, as he truly hoped that he could still be beside Komaeda, even during his last moments; if he weren't able to do that, he would regret it to no end. 

'Make the best out of the life you have; it should be common sense, right?'

Was what he thought to himself. As for the pale boy, who was still in the middle of his bagel, was unsure of what to say. The equivalent of his friend's words was like a slap to the face and a kick to the gut. He realized how dumb he had been for thinking giving up was the best option, but he was glad for it; but nonetheless, there was still his luck. The unbalance it had was powerful. Yet, it still hadn't been hitting him too hard, every latest situation was resolved with more good luck, and nothing too harsh was the bad luck, especially with how well resolved it got. The cloudette still couldn't help but ponder, why was that? Something was keeping him from the unbalance. 

'The only way my luck could come to the balance it has, would mean I'm around someone with the same luck that I have. Is that a reach? Probably...'

"Well.." He began, silently deciding with himself that it would be pointless to argue over Hajime; each time he'd probably come up with some kind of rebuttal, "I suppose you're right. Thank you, Hinata-kun, I would be grateful if you were to try and help me." Although, he found the idea of that hopeless, there still may be a molecule of chance, miracle, even. Hajime smiled, a sigh of relief leaving from his lips that had perked that smile. "Great. I'll start looking for some kind of chemotherapy as soon as I can for you, if you could help with the finances that would be fantastic; but if you wouldn't like to, I wouldn't pry, I'll figure something myself," he hummed, "but! I have something else we should focus on." The brunette stood from his seat, walking over to the area where trays, silverware and other things were kept; he grabbed a basket from that area, and brought it back to their table. The albino looked up at him in confusion, his eyes downed to a narrow. 

"I was able to plan something myself, other than this. Put the bagels in here, I also have two water bottles in the back for us to take," Hajime instructed, "Or would you need any more water bottles? Ah, I should probably grab more just in case of anything," he added on. Komaeda hardly had any time to understand or reply, and he could barely even spit out any words since his throat felt choked up by confusion. But he had nothing else to do but follow what the other had instructed, and place the bagels that hadn't been eaten yet in the basket. While he did this, the brown haired male walked over to the back, basically where all the bagels and beverages were delivered, made, and kept. He took five water bottles, and two bottles of orange juice; of course he would take more than one, it was Hajime Hinata. 

He came back with these items, only to place them in the basket next to the bagels. "What- what are we even doing, Hinata-kun? I must admit, I am incredibly confused," Nagito sighed, as Hajime would pick up the basket to carry it. "Shh, it's a surprise, I'd hate to spoil it for you," Hinata grinned. "You'd be fine with a bus, right? If not, does a subway sound better..?" Before the white haired boy could even answer the other boy's random question, the brunette answered the question for him, "No, no - anything is better than a subway, at least buses are decently kept and don't have as many drunk people just standing around." A chuckle escaped him, and Komaeda could only awkwardly chuckle at the small joke. 

"C'mon, let's just get the bus station; quickly too, you wouldn't want to wait for three more hours for another one, right?" Hajime began to walk towards the front door, practically begging his friend to just follow. "Uh-" the unknowing cloudette awkwardly ran after him, although he was practically excited for whatever the event was. The tan male surely seemed ecstatic about this, so why shouldn't he be? 

[a/n: neheeheehee another cliffhanger; use this "paragraph" as a line of comments stabbing me for it. The line of anger.]