If I Were to Say 'I Love You'

Nagito's P.O.V

It had been a few months since the revisiting of Hajime and I's childhood neighborhood. Since then, we'd go on a weekly trip there. Some weeks we had to miss out, usually because of school work, but most weeks we were able to go. We weren't allowed back in their childhood homes after our first visit, but that was fine, as we had plenty of other places to revisit. Most namely, the playground they first met at, which was surprisingly still active and kept well, even after so many years. To add onto this, each time Hajime seemed to have no hesitation in grabbing onto my hand each time; he definitely took notes that first time. But hey, that just more makes it feel like we're kids again; mindlessly holding hands. That sounds like what child best friends do when innocent. And honestly? I don't mind, although whenever it happens I have this weird stir of emotions. 

'Ah, what is this? It just sounds like some dumb romance cliche.'

Which it really was, or at least it just felt that way to me; even though I'm not even into the romance genre, I at least know that this is most certainly a cliche of romance I must be going through. Would be even more cliche if everything were to work out for me. But oh well, I suppose I wouldn't mind a cliche. Especially if it was with someone I actually really cared about; it would be wonderful.
Although, despite the thoughts I had, there was one nasty little problem that I couldn't shake off. It was just the idea of unrequited feelings, and I was incredibly unsure of what to say to Hinata. Well, if I even were to say anything at all. Non-returned feelings is one thing, but not even knowing how to bring up said feelings is an entirely different and almost more difficult one. I've never gone through this kind of thing, so I wasn't sure of where to start. Then, it just had to pop into my head. 

'Miu Iruma.'

Sighing to myself, I sat on my apartment couch and took my phone out of my pocket, to text the strawberry blond girl about my small issue.