Chapter 10 - Izumi

The last two days I haven't really come out of my room. Sometimes I got something to drink or eat in the restaurant and a few books from the small guest library, but that's it almost. The hatmaker has complied with my request for a record player and now I own about seven records. I think it took me the two days to switch off and process the last few days. The fact that I will play again in two days doesn't really bother me.

I just close the book I'm reading and decide to put on my beach dress to at least look past the pool. I check my appearance again in the bathroom mirror and I like the dress, strange that I haven't worn it yet. It is white and has a large neckline, but it is trivialized by a golden bracket in between. The Greek-inspired dress reaches to the floor and two cuts on the side allow a little legroom. I just let my brown, long hair fall open over my back and smear a little sunscreen in my face.

I close my room door behind me and walk towards the breakfast room. My last meal was yesterday morning and consisted of an omelet with a banana. As always, there is not much going on here around lunchtime, because most people are already partying by the pool. I have heard from some in the lobby that some have taken the cars to go on a caring trip.

I take a bowl because today there seems to be almost only fruit and vegetables. First, I take a little yogurt ice cream from the freezer and then pour a few fruits over it that I'm just looking for: strawberries, raspberries, mango and a little coconut. I look around, but I don't want to eat on the dirty tables. So I walk to the pool area and sit down at the other end, where there are still some free deckchairs. Most people are in the pool, otherwise it's not as crowded as I first suspected. I choose a couch, which is a little remote and eat a little. After about half, I put the bowl aside and just close my eyes to enjoy the sun. I feel deeply relaxed and consider spending most of the day outside my room. I seem to have fallen asleep for a while when suddenly someone stands in front of me and covers the sun.

I easily open my eyes and recognize a girl. As I slowly get used to the light, I recognize the girl from my first evening here in the beach.

"Hello, can I sit down?"

"Clearly," I say, and she sits down. Only now do I see two glasses in her hand, which she places on the table between us.

"I wanted to thank you and i thought I was going to get revenge," she explains, pushing a drink over me, "It doesn't come to your cocktail, but I did my best."

I try a sip and it doesn't taste so bad, apart from the alcohol content. I thank you, but I have to cough slightly.

"By the way, I am Izumi"

"I am Sayuuri," I reply. I notice that she apparently wants to talk and sit down in the tailor's seat.

"I haven't seen you for a few days, I was afraid you didn't make your game"

"Oh no, I won't play again until the day after tomorrow, my visa is still valid for three days. I just wanted to take my time to get down a little bit"

"Yes, I can understand that, but if you feel like it, we can mix a few cocktails together behind the bar and just talk"

"Sounds good, the bar is just free"

I take my glass and hop behind the bar as she follows me with her glass. We both take a mixing cup and just tip in anything that sounds funny or colorful.

"How long have you been here?"

'I'm thinking about three weeks. But it was often quite tight, I think without the beach I would have died long ago in one of the games," begins Izumi, "Mostly it's diamond or spades games I've got.

"What are diamond and heart games?"

"Well, diamond games are all about intelligence and heart games, well you play with the hearts of others"