S3 Part 22 - Commandeering the Ship(s?)

Okay... just walking in the dark... looking for villains. No biggy.

You followed close behind Endeavor, having a good laugh at yourself and how your romantic night turned out. It made you tense up every time the man took a step in his heavy-duty boots. How were you supposed to sneak up on anyone with these elephant stamps?

"... was right... damn glutton..." Endeavor muttered to himself.

Was this normal behavior? You thought it better not to ask him to repeat himself. But it seemed like Endeavor wasn't entirely surprised by the current situation. In fact, he looked angry and like he wanted to eradicate the situation as if it were an annoying fly.

At least he's confident...

"Fuyumi!" Endeavor barged down one of the doors. You stopped breathing, not knowing what could be on the other side. A crime scene? Dead bodies? Dabi looking like the shade king?

"Endeavor! Good thing you listened to me, huh?"

........ Hawks?

"Get away from my daughter, punk," Endeavor grumbled, "And put Shoto down - he's not a frail weakling!"

It was still dark, but you saw the outline of Hawk's wings in the shadows. Endeavor lit himself up so you could better see Fuyumi's room.

"I guess that's the closest I'll get to a 'thank you'," Hawks shrugged, "Don't worry, I already rounded up the creeps vandalizing your house."

Shoto was elevated off the ground by some red feathers, looking confused. The window to the bedroom was wide open and some poor girl with white and red-speckled hair was clinging to a dude on her bed.

"You had a boy over?" Endeavor asked her.

Ah, Shoto's sister and the boyfriend.

"Sorry to barge in like that," Hawks said, "But you did have the window open."

"It's okay, Hawks..." Fuyumi did her best to compose herself and not look embarrassed. At least they weren't in the middle of anything compromising. Her boyfriend sputtered something about Hawks being in her room and having a fanboy moment.

"Looks like we crashed date night, Endeavor," Hawks kept his cocky smile as he glanced at you, still hidden behind Endeavor, "I hope we didn't interrupt anything too important, Shoto Todoroki."

Fuyumi looked around for Shoto and then you. She perked up pretty quick and waved a greeting to you, "Oh! Hello, Shoto's date. Awkward circumstances I'm sure..."

"Date night?" Endeavor looked stupefied, "Can we get back to the issue at hand! Who was on my property?"

"Looks like some low level villains. You can go say hi to them. They're hanging around out back."

You knew he meant that part literally too. Low level villains and vandals? This was not what you were expecting. Especially after all the hype Dabi made over the phone.

In fact, it was almost suspiciously low key...

Shoto was dropped on his feet as the feathers returned to Hawks' back. It was then you considered what and how much Hawks may have overheard with those pesky little red sensors of his. Now, you weren't sure his comment to Shoto was all that courteous.

"How did you know to come here?" Shoto asked, "I thought you were working late."

"We were," Endeavor huffed, "Fly boy said he sensed something heading this way."

"Sensed," huh?

"I'm sorry, I couldn't stop them from doing some of the damage," Hawks said.