Lilith

「 𝐋 𝐈 𝐋 𝐈 𝐓 𝐇 」• • •

「 𝐋 𝐈 𝐋 𝐈 𝐓 𝐇 」
• • •

❝A haunting short story inspired from the merciless, gloomy pages of the past❞

•××ו

「 𝐆 𝐄 𝐍 𝐑 𝐄 」
• • •

Short story
Horror
Thriller
Adventure

•××ו

「 𝐒 𝐘 𝐍 𝐎 𝐏 𝐒 I 𝐒 」
• • •

A trip to Meghalaya was meant to create pleasant memories. But what the travelers didn't realize was that their plans were going to get completely spoiled when an unexpected halt forced them to spend the night inside a small lodge in the mysterious town of Jowai.

While some of the passengers took this as an opportunity to roam around the new place, some decided to spend the night curled up inside the lodge, pissed off, waiting for the journey to resume but all of them were unfamiliar with the fact that something terrific and dangerous was lurking outside the lodge, waiting for all of them to sleep forever.

•××ו

「 𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐆 𝐑 𝐀 𝐏 𝐇 」
• • •

"This inhuman place makes human monsters."

~ Stephen King

"Here is a list of terrible things,
The jaws of sharks, a vultures wings
The rabid bite of the dogs of war,
The voice of one who went before,
But most of all the mirror's gaze,
Which counts us out our numbered days."

~ Clive Barker

"Son, the greatest trick the Devil pulled was convincing the world there was only one of him."

~ David Wong

"Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back."

~ Michael Bassey Johnson

•××ו

「 𝐃 𝐈 𝐒 𝐂 𝐋 𝐀 𝐈 𝐌 𝐄 𝐑 」
• • •

English is neither my first nor my second language. So there will be some grammatical errors. I will edit the book once I finish writing it.

The name of the places I have mentioned in this book is real. But the lodge and other setting is a work of fiction. Please do not take them as something real.

The sole reason for choosing Jowai and Meghalaya was because I have spent my childhood there and came across the various kinds of creepy stories circulating among the people about the town and also the setting of the town completely fits the requirement of my story.

This story is a work of fiction. Any resemblance with a person, dead or alive, or incident is purely a case of coincidence.

The length of the chapters can be super short most of the time.

The author has no intention of hurting the sentiments of any of the religions. I would urge the readers to read it as something fictional and not mix it with real life.

Trigger Warning: This book deals with mature themes like violence, murder, swearing, alcohol consumption, etc.

As this is the first time that I am trying to write something like this, I am bound to make a few mistakes or maybe a lot of them but I won't tolerate any hate comments. Please point my mistakes out nicely. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Please do not copy the basic layout or the general plot of the story. I have spent months shaping my characters and the story. It would hurt my feelings to see another person taking my credit away.

All rights reserved.

© -lostillusion 2021

Started on 28.04.2021

•××ו

Word Count: 620

I am nervous as I am about to press the publish button. I hope you guys will support me throughout the small journey.

Please do vote on the chapter to show your support and do not forget to leave your feedback in the comment section.

The cast and character aesthetics will be out soon.

Till then,
Much love,
Anushka