2. Bus to Hades

T W O

Bus To Hades
••••••••••••••••••••••

Excerpt from the daily mails »

DEAD BODY OF THE KID FOUND WHO WENT MISSING A MONTH BEFORE

A small kid of age five went missing in the small town of Jaintia hills, Meghalaya. The boy named Joseph Alfanso resided with her widowed mother in the outer part of Jowai.

Joseph went missing from his house a month back leaving his mother shattered. The police had been trying to search the child around the state until yesterday morning when a local discovered his body being buried in their field.

Various controversies had already surfaced around this case. The paternal uncle of the child has accused his mother, Lilith Alfanso for the disappearance of his nephew while his mother has blamed his uncle for the same.

The police had been trying to collect shreds of evidence and lead on this matter, keeping both of them as the suspect -

"Bhai. Are you here?" Rewa's perturbed voice brought Riyan's attention back to reality.

He glanced up at his sister, who was roaming her eyes around the bus station being all anxious and fidgety. She appeared helpless, maybe a little scared too when she didn't hear her brother and this made Riyan feel immensely guilty.

"I am here Rewa. Don't worry." He tried to assure her keeping his hand on hers. She let out a sigh of relief as soon as his familiar touch grazed through her skin. His voice was like a drop of water in the desert when she was desperately searching for it.

"Where the hell were you? I have been calling you for the past five minutes." She cried looking in the direction from where she had heard his voice coming from.

"I am sorry. I got lost reading the newspaper. It won't happen again, I promise." He responded honestly while she frowned a little.

"What made so get so engrossed? Something happened?" She questioned and then remembered the reason for which she was literally hurting her voice box from the past five minutes. "Anyways bhai I think I heard that our bus is here." She informed.

"Really?" Riyan glanced at his wristwatch and saw that it was indeed the time for their departure. They had reached Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi airport of Guwahati in the morning after taking the flight from Jaipur and from then they were waiting in ISBT, for the bus for which their travel agent had booked the ticket.

"I guess I am sure," Rewa replied but immediately reckoned that it could be her mind playing audios of its own. Rewa was not sure of anything after the incident which happened more than a year before. She never thought that while surveying the inverter battery of her house, she would become part of an accident and lose her eyesight forever.  It appeared like after that incident, Rewa didn't just lose her eyesight but also her confidence and self-worth.

For the past year, she had been trying to search for the reason for her existence like this. Everything she liked got snatched away from her in a blink. She couldn't attend college and finish her course in event management as she couldn't see the things in front of her. She loved traveling and didn't miss a chance to wander around places, but now she couldn't just book a ticket and run off to a place. She lost her dream, her love, and every single color of her life.