TOGETHER, AT LAST

He handed me a red vintage-looking book that looks like it had been hidden for a long time and its cover began to rust. I stared at it confusedly and gently examined it with my fingers, carefully not to add more damage to it. I've seen it before but where? Touched it, but how? I know I did, I can feel it but I just couldn't remember when. I turned my back to Yuan for a moment and walked back and forth while I clasp the book trying to recall where I'd seen it. I return to face him, narrowed my eyes at him and sighed.

 I return to face him, narrowed my eyes at him and sighed

"Was this Xiao Zhan's..?"

I asked and he answered back with a slight nod.

"It was his journal, sir.."

"Okay but, the code, what does that mean..?"

"All of the answers you seek, you will find in that book.."

"But, how do you know it's here..?"

"Like I told you earlier, sir. I have worked here for many years and I protect whatever items this place contains. It is my job as its keeper.."

I frowned at him without saying anything but he remained to smile at me like he is hiding something behind it. I turned my back away from him again and headed to the table where I put the book down with different emotions racing inside me, pessimistic yet excited, pleased but anxious, all at the same time. I glanced at the man who was still standing like a statue in the corner and just staring at me advising me with his eyes that everything is going to be fine.

"Okay..", I muttered under my nervous self.

My eyes were stuck on the stale surface of the journal for a moment and breathed deeply one more time before unlocking it, hoping that it would finally reveal who I am. When I managed to flip the cover, a soothing wind entered the window facing me and the curtain blew open, revealing to me the pinkish hazes of the sky which I think was the most beautiful atmosphere I had ever seen.