Amelia and Oliver

"Oh bollix," Amelia sighed as she lugged a bag of books on her back. She had just finished school and was on her way home to finish the mountains of homework that her teacher had given her to finish over the weekend. As she walked, a light rain began to fall so she took out her umbrella and then continued her walk home.

"I don't understand how a teacher can give so much homework," Amelia stated. "I mean, I am a 2nd year student. So why is it that I am getting homework that a 9th year student would get?" The little girl sighed in defeat, knowing that complaining wasn't going to get the work done. "Maybe Father will have a nice meal waiting for me when I get home.......Then again, pigs could start flying."

When the house finally came into view, Amelia started sprinting towards her house. The 7-year old walked up the front steps, closed the umbrella, and then walked into her house. What caught the child off guard was delicious smell in the air. It smelled like cupcakes were being baked. "What is that delectable smell?"

Amelia placed her things at the front door and then made her way to the kitchen. There, she saw her Father with his back facing her. He seemed to be humming a little tune as he bent down and put something into the oven.

There's no way that Father could make something that smells this good, Amelia thought. There's just no way!

Just then, Britain turned around after setting a timer for the cupcakes. When he did, he and Amelia locked eyes. Amelia had to rub her eyes in order to confirm what she was seeing; her Father's eyes were a baby blue with pink swirls, not emerald green like they normally were. Before Amelia could even utter a word, she was picked up and squeezed by Britain. "Oh I'm so glad you're home love~!" Oliver squealed.

"Father, I can't breathe," Amelia stated as her face began to turn blue.

Realizing this, Oliver released Amelia so she could breathe. Amelia gasped for air and tried her best to regain her composure. "Amelia, are you all right? I didn't mean to squeeze you love. I was just so happy to see you~!"

Amelia looked at "Britain" with confusion. This man couldn't have been her Father, could he? He was too...cheery.

"Amelia, are you all right?"

"Uh, yes Father I'm fine."

Oliver smiled at the little girl with a grin that looked like the Cheshire Cat. "That's good to here. Now come and sit down and tell me about your day at school~."

As Oliver went back towards the oven, Amelia got on a stool to sit down. The whole time Oliver was working at the oven Amelia was trying to figure out what was going on. Something is not right, Amelia thought. Father is acting too cheery. He is never cheery.

"So how was school?" Oliver asked as he cleaned the stove.

"Oh, uh, it was fine," Amelia replied. "We uh, just did a lot of math and science."

Soon the oven went ding and the 2P pulled out the tray of cupcakes from the oven so they could cool off. As they did, Oliver pulled out frosting and sprinkles that were in a cupboard and began deciding which he would use for decorating the little baked goods.

Meanwhile, Amelia was formulating a plan in her head. I should probably go upstairs and get my spell book, Amelia planned. If I need to make a hasty retreat, I'll need to have that with me. I'll also need to get a hold of the others to see if they are in a similar situation like I am.

While Oliver decorated the cupcakes, Amelia went upstairs to her room and packed herself an escape bag. She took her book of Light Magic and placed it into the bag along with a few things of clothes. "That should do the trick," Amelia told herself as she slung the bag over her shoulders and went downstairs. She hid the bag in the closet closest to the door and then looked back into the kitchen to see England finishing with the decorating.

"Amelia, the cupcakes are ready poppet~," Ollie announced as he took a pink-frosted cupcake and gave it to Amelia. "You must try them Amelia. They are absolutely scrumptious!"

Seeing no harm in having one, Amelia peeled the wrapping off of the cupcake and bit into it. Immediately, the young girl was hit by luscious taste that made her taste buds spin. "Mmm, this is delicious," Amelia then took another bite and another before finishing off the cupcake. Just as she wiped the frosting off of her face, Amelia yawned, suddenly feeling tired for some reason. Why do I feel so tired all of a sudden? Amelia thought as she rubbed her eyes.

That's when she began to sway back and forth, needing to lean against the wall for support. Amelia soon realized her vision was beginning to blur.

"F-F-Father," Amelia stuttered. "I-I-I don't, feel so good."

"It's all right love," Oliver said as he picked the young girl up, holding her securely in his arms. He then began to carry her upstairs as her eyes began to droop. "You can go to sleep poppet. I promise you that you'll be safe."

"B-But what's, wrong with me? Did y-you put something in, the cupcake?"

"It wasn't much. It was just sugar, milk, sleeping powder, eggs-"

"S-Sleeping powder?!"

"It's nothing to worry about~! You'll just sleep for a while."

Amelia was shocked. Not only did she have sleeping powder in her system, but the way this man had said it to her was like he had done it a hundred times before. "Why?"

Oliver stopped a little short of Amelia's door. "Why what poppet?'

"Why, would you, put sleeping powder in, the cupcake?"

Oliver bit his lower lip. He wanted so badly to tell her why he was doing what he was doing but he knew that if he did then Amelia would be in danger. "I'm sorry love, I can't tell you."

Amelia wished to protest more but soon fell asleep as she was laid down in bed. Oliver smiled softly at the little girl as she slept. She looked so peaceful. He gave her a kiss on her forehead before tucking her in and leaving the room. As he closed the door Oliver whispered something; "Sweet dreams love."