2 days till franks birthday

Finding your soulmate was something that Frank had never really been too fussed about. It was 2 days till he was 18 and the boy was only just realising how impacting the small numbers to be onto his chest will be. The small numbers or single number were the Age you would live too. Most people were given up to 80 years old depending on what their fate held but it varied from person to person. Frank had a small circle of friends. Mikey, the tall, lanky one who looks like he's in pain, Ray or as Frank had labeled him 'princess fro fro' was the mother of the group. Pete shared the same energy as Frank himself but was more focused on pissing off everyone he came into contact with just for his own amusement. Then there was Gerard. Frank and Gerard had gotten on like a house on fire from day one and even though there was a slight difference in age it didn't matter to him. Another point would be that Gerard was Mikey's brother and Frank knew he shouldn't pick favourites but Gerard was just ... Gerard and he adored that about him.

Gerard had already gotten his numbers but refused to show anyone. Most people would be proud to show what long and healthy lives he had left but gee did the complete opposite. He'd even shower with a shirt on if someone was home and his bathroom lock was jammed again. Sure it didn't really help him shower but it was just a precaution. Gees days were numbered literally and figuratively. The entire thought of dying terrified him and he didn't have long enough to prepare for it.

Frank was the first person to actually discover Gee's number. It was during a sleepover he'd had at the Ways house and he'd snuck down stairs to say hi to his friend. Instead of knocking like a normal human Frank had let himself into gees room completely unaware of the older boy changing. Gee was standing by his mirror and that's when Frank saw the small numbers. A 9 and 1. Now gee was only a year older than frank and he got his numbers back in April of that same year. He was a nervous wreck for days as his birthday slowly rolled round. Then the day came and he went back to his normal self. Gee had also not spoken about the day since then either but no one had chosen to question thinking Gee was just slightly overprotective and private about his life. But it was the complete opposite. The boy was just scared.