𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑡𝑜𝑛...𝑅𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡?

Over the course of a couple of days, Y/N wasn't really the most liked at her school. She was a loud, energetic, and outspoken girl who really stood up for what was right, which made other girls despise her. But Y/N never really cared.

Nancy and Jonathan were Y/N's only best friends. Nancy and Y/N studied all the time together. On the other hand, Jonathan and Y/N worked on their photography projects together. Y/N's babysitting job was going somewhat successful for her and she really got along with the boys who loved her like their older sister as well as the moms who loved her for who she was and got along with Joyce the most. Joyce had always said that Y/N reminded her of herself when she was younger which was an amazing compliment Y/N has ever been told. The party eventually got over the little crush they had on her, well except Dustin since he is Y/N's cousin.

You might be asking two questions: Did Y/N finally have the guts to talk to Steve? Has Steve finally had the guts actually speak to Y/N?

Two answer both questions: No and no. :))))

It was those random days, Y/N had to drive Dustin to school since his bike needed some repairing. It was a really fun drive, they talked about video games and stuff, until Y/N dropped Dustin off.

"Bye Dusty! I'll come and pick you up first thing I get out of school okay?" Y/N said, she gave a little wave.

"Okay I'll see y-"

"HEY Y/N!" Lucas yelled as he gave a huge wave.

"HI LUCAS! I GOT TO GO! BYE!" Y/N shouted from the car.

As soon as she arrived at Hawkins High, she didn't find Nancy anywhere. Nancy usually waited for Y/N and was always earlier than her. Y/N tapped on the steering wheel and checked her watch, 7:55 am.

"Where the heck is she?" She told her self as she looked out the car window. She suddenly heard a tapping on her window and jumped. It was Jonathan.

Y/N came out of the car and grabbed her bag, "Jonathan, you fucking scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry, it just seemed strange that you and Nancy weren't here, so I came to look for you," Jonathan explained as they both walked over to the entrance of the school.

"Oh yeah, I was waiting for Nancy in my car, but no sign of her. Maybe she's off sick?" Y/N suggested with a shrug.

"Yeah, let's hope she's okay," Jonathan agreed and nodded.

They walked down the hallway, dropped off their books and picked some up for their classes. They said their goodbyes and headed to their classes.

The school day was so far boring. There wasn't anything special about it anymore, everything just seemed so....bland. The classes had essays to be due and test that needed working, the work had kept Y/N so stressed, she had to cancel babysitting for a few days.

It was in History class where everything had happened. Y/N had to take notes for the European history essay. Y/N wasn't really doing the best in this class so she had to hustle. Unfortunately, the asshole in front of her couldn't shut up. But to be exact, Steve Harrington couldn't shut up.

"Hey," Y/N used all her courage to poke his back with a pencil to whisper, "Could you please shut up? I'm trying to take notes."

Steve turned around and saw that one of Nancy's friends....Y/N told him to keep quiet, "What?"

"I said to shut the fuck up, okay" Y/N repeated, but more aggressively.

"Uh, what? Why? I mean you're not my mom and, I was just asking a question," Steve snapped back.

"Well.... Steve, I don't care that your stupid ass can't catch u-"

"Why are you both interrupting the class?" the History teacher, Mr. Wilson asked sternly. "Detention, both of you. For interrupting my class during an important lesson."

Y/N was furious, she was just blamed for something she wasn't even responsible of, "Excuse me? I was just trying to take notes and he could keep his mouth sh-"

"I said what I said, not matter what. Now please continue with your notes or I'll give you another day of detention," Mr. Wilson added while he continued to teach the lesson.

"This is just bullshit," Y/N mumbled under her breath as she crossed her arms and glared at Steve. Now she hated Steve more than ever.

Steve wasn't surprised anymore, but he felt guilty for making Y/N responsible of the interruption. He didn't want to see her all upset. Wait- why does she even care about her, he doesn't even know her? But he just felt the urge to talk to her, was it just the type of crush where you wanted to get to know someone? He shrugged it off, but still was confused on question 15 in the textbook....

"Holy shit! Really?" Jonathan asked as he chuckled.

"Stop laughing Jonathan, it's not funny," Y/N murmured, "I have to pick up Dustin after school. Plus I have to live in a hell hole for a whole hour with the douche."

"Hey, don't worry about Dustin, I'll pick him up after school and bring him to his home," Jonathan offered.

"Really? Wow, you and Nancy are literally my saviors!" Y/N pulled Jonathan into a hug in the middle of the hallway. Everyone stared and gave weird looks. Y/N said out loud at everyone, "What?! We're just friends! Can't a boy and a girl be friends?!"

Everyone shrugged it off and some people giggled and everything went back to normal.

"Ugh, well I got to go," Y/N said as she waved goodbye to Jonathan, "Let's pray I don't die in French, wait no- j'espere ne pas mourir."

Jonathan chuckled and walked away, leaving Y/N alone in the hallways. Shit- Y/N was already 5 minutes late, so she decided to start getting her worksheets on the way over there. She began to dig in the book bag and bumped into a hard chest. Papers and books went flying everywhere.

"Fuck, I'm sorry," a familiar male voice called out.

Y/N looked down and didn't notice who it was. She responded quite kindly, "um it's alright, anyways I didn't even want to go to class since I didn't really think French would be interesting-"

She gazed upwards and saw the familiar face of her friend's boyfriend, Steve Harrington.

"Oh. It's you," Y/N rolled her eyes and continued to pick up her supplies from the dirty floor.

"Yup, I guess that's me," Steve gave a gentle smile as he bent down to help Y/N with picking stuff up.

"I don't think you need to help me, I think you've done enough," Y/N huffed.

"Hey, look, I'll take the blame okay? I'm sorry," his face softened. Who ever wondered the King of Hawkins High would be such a softie?

"It's no use, okay. Anyways Mr. Wilson has never liked me," Y/N grunted as she stood up and saw Steve with a book held out to her. She shifted her eyes to meet his, it was such a mellow yet tense moment. God, his chocolatey colored orbs were just mesmerizing. She quickly snapped out of it and grabbed the book.

Steve saw the girl take the book from his hands and he decided to speak up, "Um.. well I really forgot to introduce myself, I'm Steve-"

"Harrington....Right?" Y/N finished as she shook his hand. His hands felt really soft and warm, she wished time wouldn't pass. Wait no- this was her friend's lover, she can't like some dude like him. No. She yanked her hand away, "Well I'll see you later, Harrington."

Steve turned around to see that Y/N began to stroll away, "Yeah...I'll catch you later."

The sweet and short moment was truly treasured in Steve's memory.. Who was she? What's she like?He seemed very interested in this girl, but not in a romantic way. He loved Nancy, Nancy made him happy and he was content, but there was something holding him back, he really had the urge to be a part of her life.

A/N: I'm so sorry this book
turned into a cliche
I swear I wasn't my intention
but.....I guess that how the stories
MUST come out.
Anyways, what do you think?