𝐵𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑦

CLANG! PING! THUD!

The sound of cans and packages aroused the kitchen. Dustin was emptying the refrigerator for the demodog. Steve held the dead thing as Y/N sat on the table, observing.

"Alright, I think it's going to fit," Dustin affirmed.

"Is this really necessary?" Steve inquired, using his arms strength to carry the clothed demodog.

"This is some nerd shit," Y/N complained, "He's probably going to bring it back to life."

"Yes it is," Dustin answered him ignoring his cousin, "This is a groundbreaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some mammal. Okay? This isn't some dog."

"Okay fine," Steve tried placing it inside, the sound of glass breaking inside intensified, "But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers."

Steve struggled to place it inside the fridge and grunted, "Help me out."

Y/N got down from the table and helped Steve closed the refrigerator to keep it secure. "Alright I got the door."

They both were panting and Steve ruffled Dustin's hair. Y/N laughed as she intentionally held Steve's hand and spun him around.

"What are you doing?"

"I wanna dance," Y/N replied swaying from side to side.

"I don't think it's the proper time for that," Steve noted while he let go of her hand, but kind of didn't want to, her hands were small, soft, and warm, even though it was freezing. In the meanwhile, Max and Lucas were cleaning the broken glass from the ground, Mike being a worried mess.

"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas demanded.

Mike huffed at him, "You weren't in there, okay Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundred of those dogs."

"Demodogs!" Dustin corrected for the hundredth time.

"Shut the fuck up already," Y/N hit Dustin, "You've been correcting everyone all day, and you always think you're right."

"The chief is already taking care of her."

"Yeah, she needs protection," Max said.

"Okay so if the coach calls it the bottom line, you execute it well," Steve chimed in.

"This isn't a stupid sports game Steve," Y/N turned to him.

Mike added, "We're not even in the game, we're on the bench."

"Right, so my point is....." Steve hesitated, "Yeah we're on the bench and there's nothing we can do about it."

"That's not entirely true," Dustin opposed. "I mean, these Demodogs, they have a high mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."

"So if we get their attention."

"Maybe we can draw them away from the lab."

"And clear a path to the gate," Y/N finished. "That's a great idea!"

"Yeah, and then we all die!" Steve exclaimed.

"Well that's one point of view," Dustin said.

"No, that's not a point of view, that's a fact," He replied.

"Oh shut up," Y/N said while she followed Mike, "We need to do our best to help them."

"I got it!" Mike effused. "This is where the chief went missing, that's our way into the tunnels."

Everyone followed him to the other side of the room, "Here right here," He pointed to a big drawing. "This is like a hub. See how all the tunnels lead here? Maybe if we set this on fire-"