Avoidance ~ smut

Play video when you see ***-----  !!SMUT!! warning

//////////////////////////////////

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

It has been two weeks since the case in Arizona. Two weeks since Spencer has been avoiding you. Today though, today you were done. "I don't know what I've done, but I'm going to find out. I need to find out." You thought to yourself as you walk to the round table. As you walk into the room, you see the whole team. Everyone but Spencer jumped up and yelled, "Happy birthday!" The looked at you as a huge smile spread across your face. They hugged you, telling you separate 'happy birthdays' and 'I love you's'. You all sat down again and began to eat the delicious looking cake that Penelope had made. You all laughed and talked for a couple of minutes until JJ's phone buzzed.

"Looks like we have a case." Spencer said, obviously wanting to move on from the birthday fun.

"Yep. It's not too bad though, we should be only be gone two days."

"Send me all of the gory details. If any of you need me before you leave, I'll be in my Office of Supreme Genius." She chuckles to herself as she turned around and leaves the room.

"We'll discus the case on the jet. Wheels up in 20." Hotch said as he gets up and walks up to his office.

Everyone gets up with a word and walks to their desks. Now that you've had time to think, you realized that you can go on this case. You pull out the letter that your doctor gave you when he cleared you for the field. You get up and walk to Hotch's office. You knock on the door, "Come in." You walk in and stand in front of his desk. "Ah y/l/n. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Hotch, please, don't be so formal. I just came to give you this. It's a letter from my doctor saying that I'm cleared to go into the field."

"Great. Will you like to join us for this case, or wait until the next?"

"I would like to join you guys for this case. I've been out too long already."

"Alright then, I'll see you on the jet."

You nod then start to walk out of the room. You hear Hotch clear his throat then quickly say you name.

"Y/n."

"Yes sir?"

"What happened with you and Reid? You seemed like you guys were finally getting along when you were in the hospital."

You didn't realize that it was that obvious that there was something odd going on between you and Spencer.

"We were getting along, then the last 3 days of my stay, he didn't come visit. He visited everyday before that. I don't know why he stopped, but I plan on finding out soon."

"Good. It was nice seeing you two getting along. It's nice to see the both of you that happy."

You turned and walked out of his office, and walked to your desk. Happy. You didn't even realize that you both were happy in the moments you were talking in the hospital. 'He probably just thought that you needed a friend. Great, a pity friend. What's worse than a pity friend?' You snapped out of your thoughts as you fell back into your chair. Since your desk is across from Spencer's, he looked up at you and rolled his eyes. You saw something else though, what was it? It was a...a smirk. He was smirking. At what, what happened? Why was he looking at you like that? You thought that the only rational thing was to forget. So that's exactly what you did, you forgot about it.

You and the rest of the team walked onto the jet. Spencer sat in a seat in the far corner. You and Emily sat on the couch across Hotch, JJ, Dave, and Morgan. Hotch presented the case to the team, the team cutting in when they felt the need to say something. When the team was done talking about the case, Spencer got up to get coffee. You decided it would be a perfect time to ask him why he has been so distant from you. You were confused because the way he's acting now, it isn't like before. Before he would reply with rude and snarky comments, now all he does is look right past you. As you walked up to him he looked up and gave the smallest smile.