Chapter 1

Have you ever felt that the whole world hated you for just being alive? If yes, then you'd know exactly what it was like to be me. My name is Damien Walker and I live in a super powered society in Tokyo Japan, I had just turned 18 about two months ago.

I was born quirkless and as you can tell, my life is not easy. I face discrimination where ever I go, can't escape it whether it be at school or at the orphanage, yeah that's right I grew up in an orphanage, never knowing the love and support of a mother and father, still despite my lack of quirk and the discrimination that I faced daily, It wasn't enough to break me, until one faithful day two years ago. I worked as a barista at a local coffee shop, the only job for a quirkless person like me, anyway I was on my break, drinking some coffee, eating cinnamon rolls and watching the news on the shop's TV.

Then this girl sits down at the table that am at and began to start up a conversation with me, at first I wanted her to leave me alone and go bother someone else, but she was stubborn as a mule so I just gave in. Her name was Jordyn Fox she was 15 years old and from the way she dressed I could tell she was a tomboy, and I had to admit she was beautiful.

(this picture does not belong to me)

As we talked I realized how much we had in common, for instance she was quirkless too, but she was more easy going and more lively than I was and she turned out to be a student at my school

As we talked I realized how much we had in common, for instance she was quirkless too, but she was more easy going and more lively than I was and she turned out to be a student at my school .We became friends and ended up exchanging numbers, she once asked me why was I still in middle school even though I was 16 at the time. You're probably wondering the same thing, well the reason was because I was held back, not because I dumb or lazy, it was because I got into a lot of fights with other students.

I may have been quirkless, but I was not going to let some quirked bastards push me around. Jordyn had become my best friend, she was a true gem, soon I began to fall for her, it took me months, but I finally confessed my feelings to her, and to my joy she felt the same. After that we had officially become boyfriend and girlfriend, we dated for 2 weeks and Jordyn was comfortable enough to introduce me to her parents. It was nerve racking at first, but they were nice people, her father Curtis Fox was quirkless, he was a member of Tokyo police force, her mother Amelia Fox was the pro hero Spikeback, her quirk was bone manipulation, she is able to summon bones From her body and use them as weapons. They both approved of me and Jordyn's relationship, they would often invite me over for dinner to their house or go to a fancy restaurant. All I could say things were going good for me.....or so I thought.

A year and half into our relationship, 3 preppy quirked punks from Somei Academy began to harass Jordyn daily, always catcalling her, making sexual comments about her appearance, and asking her out. It annoyed me to no end that this guys wouldn't get the hint that Jordyn was my girlfriend, luckily, Jordyn would always tell them to fuck off. One day those bastards cornered me behind the school and told me to stop dating Jordyn, when I told them to go to hell, they attacked me, despite being quirkless I was able to land a few hits on them, thanks to Jordyn's mom who had been training me in hand to hand combat for quite a while, I was able to hold my own against them and break one guy's nose, the second on suffered a broken jaw and the leader got a black eye. Unfortunately I ended up losing that fight, the leader of the group had a quirk that allowed him to turn any part of his body to stone, one punch from him broke five of my ribs and once I was down all three of them kicked me while I was down.