The meet

--------------------------------------------------------------
Poe had always worked in a library down the street. He was the only one that helped sort the books other than for the lady he worked for. She retried after a while leaving the library on his hands, which he didn't mind. He'd never notice anyone if some people every came to help which was mostly a few kids that came and always helped once in a while. As he never was interested in the so called thing "love." He'd rather write another mystery novel than fall in love.

He turned on the TV he had behind him turning his chair to face it. The news lady spoke once again of another case of the Hanahaki disease "As we see here, we find another victim with bloody roses all over their mouth which eventually has spread to the person's lungs."

"Tragic" is what he thought

Poe sighed as he heard a loud laugh coming from one of the bookshelves making him turn off the TV and walk towards the person who was laughing loudly. "Ma'am if you could please lower your tone-" He looked over to find a pile of his own books he had written and published in the library, eventually finding a boy with messy black hair on the floor reading that pile.

Mystery novels...my novels? He said in his head. He glanced over at the boy and tapped his shoulder bending down "Do you perhaps like mystery novels sir?"

The boy turned to face him "Yes why?"

"And that's your favorite novel?"

"Mhm, You're the author aren't you. I've seen your writing and it's quite great if I do say so myself, though there are a few sentences you could have changed-" The boy went on with the mistakes Poe had written and how he would have changed them. Although Poe never liked anyone correcting him, this was the first time he had met someone that liked mystery novels as much as he did. He sat down next to him and looked over what he had written with the unknown boy for a few hours. He introduced himself as "Ranpo."