Chapter Six

Y/N's P.O.V

I took a breath and got to explain what I had seen, heard, and been through. 

"Okay, so... apparently I am in the direct descendant line of the Greek goddess Hekate. There is a cult of some kind that worships her and practices magic. Uhm, do we have a whiteboard?" I asked. Egon nodded and pulled the whiteboard over and handed me a marker. I drew the diagram I had on the paper. "I figured out what the chanting was, they were chanting in ancient Greek. Mind, Body, Heart, Spirit, and Soul. The reason I came back gasping for breath and became panicked is that I was chosen to unlock an ability," I said and circled the spirit pedestal on the whiteboard. 

"So, what does that mean?" Winston asked. I ran my fingers through my long h/c hair. 

"I can talk to the deceased, otherworldly beings and use the energy from them or any other human," I explained. They nodded. "I'm not sure what the others are, but I have a feeling that I will find out soon," I said. I took a breath a got back to another topic. "They did mention the boy I saw in my dreams, they said that where I was... He couldn't come there because it was a sacred place. So, they know about him," I finished. I let the information sink in. 

"Well, we need to monitor your activity and definitely keep you here on watch," Ray said. I sighed. 

"I agree, it could be dangerous. If something happens we need to be prepared," Egon said. Peter was next to talk. 

"So what? We gonna take turns staying up and watching her at night?" He asked. Ray responded to his question. 

"It wouldn't be a bad idea," He spoke. I heard Peter give a sigh and saw Winston shake his head. 

"Okay, so who's going first?" Winston asked the guys. They all simultaneously looked at Peter. 

"Mother puss bucket," He said in frustration. I gave a small laugh. I finally changed the topic. 

"So. what's for dinner? I'm hungry and I'm out of cheez-its," I said. They all looked at me and I smiled. "What?" I asked. Ray gave a small smile. I laughed a little. 

"Chinese? or is it pizza night?" Winston asked. Egon smiled. 

"I think pizza tonight is good," Ray said. I nodded. Peter was still upset about taking the first watch so I walked over and gave him a small hug. I have grown to like these people, they were better than my family. I like it here. 

"Y/N, what kind of pizza do you like?" Egon asked me. I smiled and brought my hand up to my chin and stood in a thinking pose. What was my favorite type of pizza? 

"I dunno, just pepperoni I guess," I said. They all nodded. 

"Finally, someone with good taste," Janine said standing at the top of the stairs with another woman who was holding a baby. Both women were holding some boxes. I walked over and helped them. 

"Hey Dana," The guys greeted. So, they knew her. 

"Hey guys, Janine told me that you had taken someone in and needed some clothes," She said. I smiled and set the bags and boxes down. I smiled and waved. 

"That's me!" I exclaimed. She smiled and laughed. "I'm Y/N," I introduced myself. 

"I'm Dana, and this is Oscar," She said and bounced the baby boy. 

"Hi Oscar, aren't you just a handsome little fella," I cooed at him. He smiled and giggled. I gave him a little tickle and he started laughing. This went on for only a few moments. I turned to look at everyone and they were all smiling. "What?" I asked. 

"I think that's the second time that you've smiled since you've been here," Peter said. I nodded and turned back to Oscar. He was playing with a toy he had in his hand. Dana then spoke. 

"I and Janine brought some clothes and such over for you so you don't have to wear the same thing over and over again. There's pants, shirts, leggings, underwear, and even some jackets, and hoodies," She said. I smiled and nodded. 

"Thank you. I appreciate it," I said and began looking through the bags of clothes. I started putting outfits together. 

"Dana, would you like to join us for dinner?" Peter asked her. She gave a smile and a small laugh. She shook her head. 

"I'd love to but, unfortunately, I have to get home. Oscar has a doctor's appointment early in the morning so, we have to get home and go to bed early tonight," She explained. Janine and she hugged and I followed suit. Then, we all bid our farewells and I gave one last thank you. Then, I and Janine, put more outfits together. Ray and Winston left to order our food. I looked at the clock, eight-thirty. I grabbed an outfit and went to change. 

"Well, look at you. Comfy?" Janine asked me. I nodded. I had jean shorts, with a white shirt that said girl power and a pair of black vans. I packed all the clothes neatly in the box and put them all in the sleeping quarters by the fifth bed that claimed as mine. I went back and sat on the couch. "Okay, I'll be downstairs if you need me," Janine said. I nodded. Slimer came upstairs and floated in front of me. 

"Can you really understand me?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. 

"Yes, I can," I said to him. He flew in a circle in happiness. I laughed. 

"Finally, all everyone hears is grunting and random noises," He said. I nodded in understanding. "So, maybe you can translate what I say sometimes?" He asked me. 

"Sure, I don't see why not. So, is your name actually Slimer or is it something different?" I asked him. 

"I didn't actually have a name before these guys caught me, they gave me a name and they let me hang around," He explained. I nodded. Poor guy. "I do like Peter more, he's my favorite," He said. I smiled. 

"Aww, that's sweet," I said. He smiled. 

"Though, these guys don't understand me sometimes. I'm always hungry, I can't help it. I was dormant for years. I just, like food. I can't help it sometimes," He said. I felt bad for the little guy. 

"Well, I'm sorry. You can have some of mine if you want. I know I won't eat it all, and I'll make sure to tell them," I said. I guess Peter and Egon were watching me. They were astonished at what I was doing. Having a full conversation with a ghost. 

"Tell us what?" Peter asked. I stood up and stretched. 

"He never had a name before you guys, and the reason why he's so hungry all the time is that he was dormant for years. He can't help it," I explained. Egon nodded. 

"Well, tell him to stop sliming me," Peter said. I scoffed. 

"You know that that might be his way of showing affection. You are his favorite," I said to Peter. It was his turn to scoff. I sighed. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. 

"We're back!" Ray called out. He had three pizza boxes and Winston had some soda in his hands. I walked over to the kitchen cupboards and grabbed some plates and napkins along with some cups. I set the table and for the first time, I sat down and had an actual dinner with the guys. I gave Slimer a few pieces of my pizza. After dinner, I and Ray cleaned up while the guys took showers and changed. 

"So, Egon said you and Slimer had a full conversation?" He inquired. 

"Yeah, it was pleasant," I said while I cleaned the dishes. Ray put the leftovers in the fridge. It was about ten-thirty at night and the guys were coming out of the bathroom all clean and dressed. 

"Are you ready for the first watch?" Egon asked Peter. Peter sighed and nodded. I got changed into some pajamas and laid down in my bed. Peter pulled a chair up and sat down. I laid there for like ten minutes before I fell asleep. Thus, I entered my dream-like state or into the other ethereal plane.