Chapter Nine

Y/N's P.O.V

Egon told everyone to give me some space and let me rest. He was being really nice and caring to me and I don't know how to thank him. I ended up sleeping for a few hours to try and relax; I'm not sure how long it was but Ray came in with some pizza and a coca cola. I sat up and ate in silence. 

"Hey look, I know it's gotta be tough with all this and I don't know how I would handle this but if you ever need to talk... me and the guys are here for you. I mean after all, you don't have a family. I mean here. Or I mean you have us, we can be your family but like your real.. not real.. I mean they are real but..." He kept tumbling over his words and I laughed a bit. 

"Ray." I interrupted, he stopped talking and looked at me. "Thank you, it means a lot to me." I spoke with sincerity in my voice. He gave a smile and nodded. 

"I'll let you eat in peace, oh and by the way; the uh trio left back to their ethereal plane of existence. " He said. I nodded and thanked him. I was then left alone with my dinner. I felt like I wasn't alone, I had a strange feeling that I was being watched by someone or something. Then I realized. 

"Slimer. You don't have to hide from me." I said and out he came. "Hey bud" I greeted. 

"Hello." He greeted back. I keep forgetting I can understand otherworldly beings. "You seemed sad." He said, I guess he was observing me. 

"Just a little." I said. I felt worse though, I hated feeling this way and I didn't know how to cope with it. 

"Why are you sad?" He asked. I let a tear slip down my face. 

"I guess because I'm in a place where I shouldn't be, I'm just lost. There are people who are expecting so much from me and relying on me to be something I'm not. I'm confused, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm scared because I don't know what's going to happen or if I'll ever get home" I spoke, I pulled my legs up to my chest and hugged them. 

"I'm sure with the guys help, you'll become less confused and less scared. When I was forced to be dormant for all those years, I was scared if I'd ever be released. I was confused when I was but I quickly focused on how hungry I was. When the guys found me, I was happy because we all got what we wanted, I got a place to roam and live in with friends and Egon and Ray got a ghost that they could study. Peter I'm not sure what he got out of it cause he doesn't like me since I slimed him but still... I'm sure you'll find a place here and you won't feel confused or scared anymore." He said, I didn't realize that other beings could feel like he did. 

"Thank you slimer, that means a lot to me." I spoke, he gave a big smile and I handed him my extra slice of pizza and we ate together. I began asking him all sorts of questions about his time being dormant or haunting the Sedgewick Hotel. Eventually he had to go because he needed to appease his appetite. We said our goodbyes and I took my trash out to the kitchen area. Winston was the only one there. "Hey." I said. He looked up and smiled. 

"The guys got a call so it was my turn to watch over you." He said. I nodded and threw my empty can and paper plate away. I sat down on the couch and took out my phone. I tried turning it on but it wouldn't. Maybe it's a sign that I'm on tiktok too much or reading to much fanfiction stories. I laid in down on the coffee table and Winston handed me a book. Tobin's spirit guide. "Egon asked me to give this to you to maybe read and see if you can find anything that may help you understand your powers or what you're up against." I nodded and began reading. 

I was reading through it for about ten or fifteen minutes, I then decided to put the book down. I didn't understand a lot that I was reading. All I gathered from it was the different types of spirits or ghosts and I guess they were on different levels. Some more dangerous than others. I laid back into the sofa I was on and gave a sigh. I wish I could make perfect sense of all this but it was just, so much that's hitting me all at once now. 

Milo was getting closer to me and more of my powers and abilities are unlocking, it frightened me. Not only that, but I have no idea how to use my powers to defeat him. This is one of the main things that I needed to know if I wanted to gain control over the entire situation. I felt like I needed some fresh air, I looked around and saw a window that had a fire escape right outside and decided that that would work. 

"I'm getting some fresh air." I told Winston, he then gave me a look and I gestured to the window and the fire escape and he understood. He gave a nod and got up. He got a chair from the dining table and placed it so he could have a clear view of me but he gave space and wasn't right by the window. I opened the window and climbed onto the escape balcony and sat down. I felt a small breeze blow and took in a deep breath. I felt more relaxed now that I wasn't in a damn building. Mind you, I was pretty much confined to headquarters. 

I silently listened to the sounds of the city and took it all in. Hearing the passing by of the cars and busses, with the indistinctive voices yelling at each other. The city that never sleeps right, always hustling and bustling with life. Day and night. Some people never getting to fully rest, some out on their day off, some on their way to work only to be blocked by traffic. Making them late, adding on to their temper. It must be nice to roam around and do these things, unfortunately... I had to hide away from them all, and figure out a way to save them without them knowing. I had to figure out how. 

I heard a tap on the window which brought me out of my trance and caused me to look over. There stood Peter. I scootched over so he could sit next to be, which he obliged. He had a bag with him. A small grocery bag to be exact. 

"Here, we got you some snacks and such. There's a pint of chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer that Ray thought you might like." He said. I smiled and took the bag. I looked through it, there were some more cheez-itz in there. Nice. There was also some cool ranch Doritos, some fruit snacks, and other stuff from this time period as well. 

"Thank you, I was wondering when I'd have my cheez-itz back." I said. We both gave a small laugh and I was happy. I gave a sigh and opened my box an began snacking. 

"Anything new?" Peter asked. I shook my head and said no. He gave me a pat on the back. "Don't worry, I'm sure something will turn up sooner or later. Right now, I think Egon wants to poke your brain and find these powers and such." He said. I chuckled. I gave a nod and we headed back inside, or at least tried to. 

The earth begun shaking again and the sky became purple. Peter grabbed my arm and suddenly there was a flash of light and I was some place dark or rather we were. I looked over and Peter who still had a hold of my arm was there. We heard someone clear their throat and both looked in front of us. There he stood. 

Milo Shandor.