0┃8

✩。:•.─────  ❁ - ❁  ─────.•:。✩

The big day had finally arrived.

It was just a week after their date that the news outlets had released the news of their dating.

Wonwoo rubbed the bridge of his nose as a sigh escaped his lips. The T.V. in front of him was blasting the news but no sound came out. The leader had muted it earlier claiming it was giving him a headache. Seungcheol and Joshua were also seated beside Wonwoo on the couch, their eyes travelling between him and the T.V. Wonwoo had assured them that he was okay and that they could carry on with their works, but the duo still insisted on giving him company.

Wonwoo closed his eyes and thought of a way to explain the situation to his members. He was thankful that Mingyu and Minghao had gone to meet up their friends, so he didn't have to explain them right at the moment. The others had been calling repeatedly but had stopped when Seungcheol and Joshua told them that Wonwoo was asleep. It was a relief that they didn't came banging at the door.

The setting sun was bathing the room in orange glow when the doorbell echoed through the dorm. The three of them exchanged glances as Joshua got up. "I'll get it."

The dorm was so quite that Wonwoo could hear it clearly. The door clicking open and Minghao's hushed and confused questions. He turned his head expecting to see him, but the one who walked in was much taller.

Mingyu spared a single glance at Wonwoo before walking into their shared room, closing the door behind him. Just seconds later, Minghao walked in with Joshua by his side.

"Is it true?" He sounded confused and surprised. "Are you really dating her, hyung?"

Instead of answering Minghao, he turned to Seungcheol. "Can you please call them? I want to get this done with."

Joy sat up and stretched her arms. She glanced at the clock and immediately ran into the bathroom. She had intended to take a small afternoon nap but it was already evening now when she woke up.

Wrapping the towel around her hair, Joy picked her phone and exited her room. Originally on her way to the kitchen, she stopped midway seeing her members in the living room. It wasn't like they were usually very loud but the silence surrounding them wasn't their normal one. Yeri looked angry, Irene was worried and Seulgi's expression bordered between the two. Joy just wished it wasn't something terrible.

Irene looked up from her phone and as her eyes met Joy's, she knew the news was out. Her fake relationship scandal.

As on cue, both Seulgi and Yeri looked in her direction and Yeri immediately walked to her. Shoving her phone into Joy's hands, she asked. "What is this?"

Even if she already knew what it was, Joy still looked down the phone. An article by a local news house that displayed various pictures of her with a man, holding hands and smiling.

Irene got up and softly pulled Joy to sit on the couch. "Give her a moment." She said to Yeri.

"This is not a joke unnie, do you know how-"

"Its fake." Joy cut off Yeri.

"Huh?" Seulgi spoke for the first time.

Joy looked straight ahead at the T.V displaying the news of their 'scandal' with flashy and exaggerated headlines and then turned to Yeri who was looking at her, confused.

"Not the pictures." She tried to put it into words. "This... thing is fake."

Her members weren't fools to not understand what she meant. "You mean," Yeri's face softened. "this is why you were called that day?"