Chapter One: Messy Introductions

<Placeholder Images will be replaced with whatever Jimmy art I make later♡☆>

Y/n= Your name
L/n= Last Name
H/C= Hair color
E/C= Eye color

Background:

Y/n L/n was a young man who had been looking for a job for a while after starting school. He had stumbled across the Seaview Hotel and stayed there while looking for an apartment. He loved everything about it, although, he was confused at how he had not managed to see any of the employees. They already had his key on the desk as a man yelled a greeting from the back room, instructing him on where to go and wishing him a pleasant stay. He never saw the person behind the voice. Either way, he was inlove with the energy of the hotel. The way it looked and how comfortable he felt there. He filled out an application to work there and help out before he left. He had filled that application out months ago and had nearly forgotten about it. When he had nearly given up on trying to find a job, he got a phone call. That same friendly, nervous voice that he had heard months prior had greeted him once again, frantically apologizing for not contacting him about a job sooner. The voice belonged to the owner of the hotel, James Alexander Hall. He insisted that Y/n call him Jimmy. Jimmy offered him a job as a receptionist at the hotel, in which he would take phone calls, sign people in, etc. In addition to that, he would help out with maintenance around the hotel. Jimmy had a hard time running everything by himself and out of guilt and the fact that, well, he needed the job, he accepted. He packed up his belongings and on a cold, rainy day, arrived at the hotel where his new adventure would begin and he'd finally be able to see the man he'd be working so closely with.

Present Time:

Y/n yelled a thank you to the cab driver, running under the canopy of the hotel. He ran his fingers through his soaked, h/c hair, trying his best to slick it back out of the way so it wouldnt drip on his face. He pulled off his jacket, resting it on his suitcase. He took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "It'll be fine. You'll do fine", he muttered to himself. Jimmy noticed him standing outside of the door and waved at y/n, smiling politely. Y/n's heart jumped out of fear, his little pep talk not calming him down much. He waved awkwardly, his heart speeding up as Jimmy opened the door. "Hello!", he said cheerfully. Y/n recognized his voice immediately, smiling and putting his hand out towards him, "Hello", he said hesitantly. Jimmy took his hand, seeming as nervous as Y/n was. "Come in. Come in. Are you here to book a room or just hiding from the rain? Either is fine of course." "Neither actually. Im Y/n L/n. We talked on the phone not too long ago." Jimmy clasped his hands together excitedly, "Of course! I almost forgot you were coming today." He grabbed Y/n's wrist and guided him inside. Y/n followed, observing the man. Quite a bit older than him, curly brown hair and eyes, but a kind, sweet face. Y/n took a liking to his red waistcoat and black bow tie, the bowler cap wasn't too bad either. For someone a bit older than him, Y/n found him charming, almost cute in a way. Jimmy shook his head, trying to organize his thoughts, "It's pouring outside. Hardly the weather for traveling. I hope it wasn't too much trouble getting here". Y/n shook his head and gave a genuine smile this time, "Not a problem at all. Im actually glad I got to come back here."

Jimmy seemed relieved at Y/n's response. "Im glad." He noticed Y/n's clothes dripping with rain water, "let me grab you a towel. You must be freezing". He disappeared into the back room before Y/n could protest. Y/n heard mumbling in the back, as if Jimmy was talking to someone. He tried to ignore it but couldn't seem to focus on anything else.

"Another bad egg. Another bad egg! You know what to do Jimmy!"

"He just got here! Why do you always do this?"

"He'll screw up eventually-"

"You dont know that!!"

Y/n heard a loud bang as if someone was hitting something. He decided to interrupt, "Is everything all right?". There was a brief silence but Jimmy soon rushed back out, "Sorry about that. Just a bit of a disagreement with...another worker here", he handed Y/n a clean red towel. Y/n nodded, wrapping it around himself, a little disappointed that someone already disliked him. Jimmy noticed the slight frown on Y/n's face, "Don't worry about it too much. He never seems to like anyone." Y/n's smiled returned, appreciating how kind Jimmy seemed. "Dinner's almost ready if you're hungry." "I'm alright, I think I'm ready for bed actually." Jimmy seemed to frown a bit, "Are you sure? You'll miss the show tonight." "The... show?" Jimmy brightened up a bit, standing proudly, "Yes! Its me actually. I do comedy for the guests around midnight. I do a character called Hugo Punch. He's like this comedic sociopath that says things that you're not usually supposed to say." He seemed pretty excited about it which made Y/n giggle a bit. He liked how passionate Jimmy seemed about his comedy. "Maybe after I wash up a bit. I'd like to get into some dry, clean clothes first". "Of course, of course." Jimmy fumbled around in the drawer, pulling out a key. "Room 220. I'll be here until 9:00. Afterwards ill be in the dining hall down there, so if you need anything, just come call for me", he pointed towards the glass doors down the hall. Y/n nodded, noting where it was. Jimmy had maintained that inviting, sweet smile that he had had the majority of the conversation. It put Y/n at ease a bit. "Thank you, Jimmy." Jimmy nodded happily, " No problem. Now go get changed. Dinner isn't too long from now", he motioned towards the clock that read 8:30. Y/n nodded, moving towards the elevators and pressing the button. He looked back towards Jimmy who was clearing up the desk. Y/n smiled to himself, stepping in as the elevator doors opened.