Chapter 26: The Reunion

A/N: Dear Readers - Before you start this chapter, I just have one heartfelt request. Please, please, PLEASE think of your favorite, MOST dramatic, romcom song, one that gives you the flutters and makes you wanna dance, and play it before/during you read this chapter! I recommend "About Love" by MARINA (in the header). With that, happy reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Omo!" Hye-ji exclaims to Jeong-hyeok, bouncing up and down on her heels. "There might be one way..."

"Se-ri responds to her work emails," she says excitedly. "What if we send her something like that?"

Jeong-hyeok bites his lip, a vague idea formulating in his mind.

"Okay," he nods. "Okay, I know what we should do."

"If it's anything related to work, I'm sure she'll read it right away," Hye-ji says with confidence.

***

A few days later, Manbok's bar, Jeju Island:

"I NEVER THOUGHT WE'D HAVE A LAST KISS," belts Se-ri at the top of her lungs. "I NEVER IMAGINED WE'D END LIKE THISSSS!"

Man-bok and his wife stand in the corner of their bar, watching Se-ri, both looking mildly petrified. The music she'd put on the stereo - their stereo - blares in their ears so loudly Man-bok could swear that even his vision's vibrating to the music.

The NIS agent standing guard outside the door turns to look at the ruckus. Nothing much has changed in the past half hour, so he goes back to his original position, face forward, an expressionless look on his face.

"She's been fine the last few days," Man-bok whispers to his wife. "What happened?"

"YOUR NAME FOREVER THE NAME ON MY LIPSSSS!" Se-ri sings with a flourish, lifting her soju glass in the air. "Hya! Where is the stereo? Let's play this song again! AGAIN!"

Myeong-suk shrugs. "I don't know. Maybe it's because she has no work now? She said her story was finished. Aish, she must be thinking about her break-up."

The song plays again, something mournful and in English.

"What's she singing, anyway?" Man-bok whispers.

"Taylor Swift," Myeong-sun replies immediately. "Poor, poor dear."

She crosses her arms over her cardigan and starts to hum along in time to the music, until she notices that her husband is staring at her.

"What?" she asks defensively.

"How... how do you know these western musicians?" Man-bok asks.

Myeong-suk blinks, then bristles. "Because I keep up with the times. Oh wait, from your judgmental tone, am I not supposed to know who she is?"

"Wha-?" Man-bok's confused by the sudden turn of events. What the hell is she talking about?

"You think I'm too old to keep up? Or did I give up my interests when I married you?"

"I just asked-" Man-bok tries to interject.

"No! It was your tone. Well, let's see who's too 'old' to sleep on the sofa tonight!"

Before Man-bok can respond, she turns on her heel and leaves, muttering something that sounds like "men".

As he watches his wife storm off, he realizes that whatever was happening with Se-ri and her mood swings was clearly contagious.

Man-bok lets out a deep sigh, less than thrilled at the prospect of sleeping on their old, lumpy sofa.