Moving Out

Moving out is seen as a very normal thing. But not for your family. Nor is having a boyfriend from another culture or religion. It was crazy really, the world you were surrounded with at home in comparison to the world you found yourself in outside.

You weren't allowed to wear pants that didn't reach the knee nor skirts without opaque leggings. Cropped tops were a no go. Colored hair? A shame towards your family. So then what about tattoos and piercings? Absolutely forbidden unless I would like a chat with the devil in the hell fires.

You sighed as you packed your last items in your suitcase. That was all about to change. You had enough of this life. You had enough with getting into heated arguments with your parents about going out too much and for too long with your friends, about being a young adult.

"Y/N, come on, time to head to the airport!" Your dad called from downstairs. You sighed and looked one last time into the mirror, checking your makeup. You opted for an orange-y brown colored eye shadow in your crease and blended it out, the same color being smudged below your eye. On your eyelid you had put a slightly shimmery pearl color. To finish off your natural look you added mascara, blush and a tinted lip balm. Not too much, but not a completely bare face.

Your H/C colored hair you put up in a messy bun. You pulled up your singlet a bit and repositioned your open jacket. Your were wearing black skinny jeans under that with slits on the knees and the most comfortable sneakers you owned. This was going to be a very long flight.

All the furniture you owned in your now previous room, had already shipped out to your new place. You made sure to ready your place first before finally taking your last flight there.

Once you got done checking your appearance in the mirror you hurried down the stairs. Your dad was there waiting for you, ready to go out.
"I'll go and start up the car," he said once he saw you come down.

You put on a thin coat and left the house, making sure to lock the door. Your mom was already in the passenger seat in the car, she must have left before your dad.

You enter the back of the car and then you were off to the airport.

"Can you not still switch to a school closer by? In this country preferably? This is just so far away, it's going to be nearly impossible to come stay over at your place!" your mom said.
Yeah, that's the point, you thought. Not only that, she didn't call it visiting, instead she chose to use the words staying over, inviting herself over. That only wanted to make you move even further away.

"No, mom. This school is one of a kind. I couldn't wish for a better quality education," you totally made up.

She just continued sulking after a few more tries, but every time you shut her down with a few more of what you called, facts.

Once you arrived at the airport it was time to tell your parents goodbye, you wouldn't be able to see them even if you wanted to. However, you definitely thought you'd be alright.

You've always craved freedom. The times where you were in the car with the windows down and the wind blowing your hair around wildly, or whenever you sat on the craziest most dangerous rides in amusement parks, they gave you a little taste of the freedom you could possibly feel. Only if you were to break free from the chains that you have been connected to your whole life.

Your mom attempted for the last time to try and keep you from searching up your freedom, "Please, Y/N, I'm begging you. Stay here. There are a bunch of good schools here, the chance to find you good quality education over here is high. Please honey, I'll miss you so much. I don't know if I can be alive without you."

Ah yes, mental manipulation. Her last efforts when it comes to convincing you of something. But you had to stay strong, even if her words had some effect on you. She was your mother after all, and she'd gone through her own hardships.

"No, mom. I really can't. I have already been accepted and it would be a total waste to skip out on such a chance!"

A short moment of silence followed before you mom asked, "Why do you want to leave us so bad? Were we that bad to you? Were we really bad parents?"

Under previous circumstances, you would have taken the bait. However, after all these years you've come to recognize the patterns in her behavior.

"This has nothing to do with you, mom, please. This is about me and what I want in life."

"And what's that? Feeling guilty about leaving us behind?"

You sighed, "Goodbye, mom."

She teared up and hugged you tightly. Next up was your dad.

"Don't do anything stupid, and stay true to yourself, you hear me? Please be careful who you hang out with," he said giving you a kiss on the head.

He had always been much more accepting of the things you wanted for yourself.

"And message us when the plane lands! That way we can stop worrying about you."

You sighed and smiled, always so protective and worried. They cared, but they cared too much.

After saying your goodbyes it was time to do the one thing you've dreamed of since you remembered, fly away.

The plane ride went terrible. You had the seat beside the pathway, which made you subject to having the possibility of having loud neighbors on either side of you. And sadly, that was exactly what happened. To your right you had a couple that was making out every 30 minutes, heavily. At first you did your best to drown out the sounds with music and right when you thought you might have a chance at falling asleep, to your left across the pathway, a baby started bawling.

Yeah, terrible plane ride. You hoped next time you were on an aircraft you would have better luck.

Once landed you send a quick text to both your parents as they requested and went to get your luggage. After you got all your stuff and got some coffee from the airport as a little pick-me-up, you headed to the train stop which to your luck was close by the airport.

You finally reached your new apartment doors and got into your place. "Mine, all mine and no one to tell me anything," you whispered to yourself as you locked the doors behind you.

First you put on some music before putting your suitcase in your bedroom and told yourself you'd organize the clothes in it later that night. First, you needed food and second, you needed rest. Tomorrow your first work day starts at the grocery store. You were hired as a shelves stocker. It wasn't much, but it was enough to pay for your expenses.

You made some chicken noodle soup and grabbed a can of soda on the side. It was a quick meal, and it would suffice until you could get yourself some real food after your shift tomorrow.

You plopped down on your new couch and turned on the TV. After zapping through the channels you stopped at a channel that seemed to be hosting some sort of Tournament called Apex. You watched closely as one of the squad mates shouted, "Listen up, I'm getting shot at!" Followed by them being knocked down. But before they could be finished off, the view switched to someone who was called Bloodhound that said, "Scanning the area".
After they did this, the screen showed the opposing squad in the places they found themselves at. Bloodhound was able to finish off two members of the enemy squad. Out of nowhere who you assumed was their third squad mate, fell out of the sky and landed behind the last member of the enemy squad. He shot once with his shotgun at their heads, and they went down. "Must have not worn a helmet. Keep your helmets on, compadres, they're more important then you think," he said with a light Spanish accent. You could hear the slightest hint of a smirk in that sentence but you weren't sure since he was not only wearing a mask, but also goggles, making it impossible to tell.

As soon as this guy had taken down the last member of the enemy squad, you heard cheers from your neighboring apartment through your shared wall. "Guess they also happen to be watching this Apex Tournament," you mumbled to yourself as you took another bite of your noodles.

You looked at the names on the screen, Lifeline, Bloodhound and Octane. They were a good and supportive squad from what you could tell. They knew how to play into each others strengths and weaknesses.

Before you could reach the end of the game, you had finished your meal and drink. You turned off the TV and decided to get some well needed rest. After all, you were going to need it tomorrow.