New Beginnings

You walked into the the grocery store and straight to the info desk. You didn't know where the staff door was, so you wanted to ask.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The guy behind the cash register greeted you. He was middle aged, had black hair that was graying and a short beard with a mustache to go with it. He looked like a nice uncle.

"Hi, my name is Y/N and I-"

"Y/N L/N, the new girl. Yeah we've heard about our new colleague. I'll give you a quick tour around and you can start behind the cash register."

"Already? I have no idea how to operate that, " you said in a worried tone.

"Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it in about 15 minutes. It's easier than it looks," he gave you a reassuring smile as you followed him to the door which you assumed was the staff rooms.

He showed you around the kitchen area where everyones takes their breaks, the locker rooms, the manager offices and finally, the bathroom stalls.

"Here's the key to your locker. Try not to lose it, we don't have any spares. Unfortunately," he says as he shoots a sour look towards the management office.

Once you put all the belongings you wouldn't need in your locker, he gave you a blouse that had the store's brand on it to wear over your clothes and a 'cashier's scarve' to tie around your neck. To finish off your work attire he gave you a name badge with your name on it.

"Alright, now that that's settled, let's get you started."

After he assigned you one of the registers he showed you how to operate a bit of the control panel in front of you, and how to handle cash money.
"When you come across a situation where you don't know what to do, use the phone beside you to contact us, your shift leaders, at the info desk. We'll get over to you as soon as possible and help you out with the situation.

"Thank you, I think I got everything," you told him feeling relieved you were able to follow.

You turned on the lights of your register so that customers knew you were also available for check out.

It was going smoothly. You definitely had a liking towards customers that payed with card rather then cash. It was faster and easier to handle.

"Holy shit, I want to meet Mirage too! Count me in!" You heard two girls talk about this Mirage person. Then you remembered, you saw someone called Mirage in the Tournament you'd watched yesterday before bed. This heightened your senses and made you tune in to the conversation as they got closer to you the more you scanned products.

"What do you think he'd wear outside of the games? God, I wanna touch his hair. It looks so bouncy."

You cringed a little at that. Even if his hair looks bouncy, isn't that a bit weird?
Oh well, maybe you just didn't understand how big a crush on a TV star could get. He must be, all the people you saw in that Tournament. You came to discover more and more people kept up with these games.

"His hair does look bouncy doesn't it!?" The second girl says, her eyes glistening. "I think he's totally gonna do a suit. A grey one."

"Like a mafia boss!?" The other girl gasped.

Wow. You mentally rolled your eyes.

"No, Daisy, not like a mafia boss."

"Well, no matter! I am so excited for this meet and greet! Thank you so much for inviting me Faye."

The girl who you now learned was called Faye reassured her it was absolutely no problem. Her short blond hair that half of it she'd put in a small bun looked almost gold when the sun from outside shined into the store and onto her hair. She looked really pretty.