part 1

Rajveer cannot believe how it happened. They are married. They really are married. It's really impossible to believe but it's true.

From Rajveer's sudden disappearance after his jeep accident to Naveen's innocence being proven in court. Rajveer can count the moments in his mind but when he returned, the look on Naina made everything worth.

They never talked properly. Always conscious of people around them. Salve's allegations never let them free.

Rajveer never came back to KMA but went to Naina's parents. He told the entire truth and as penance made them owner of his life.

It's a hard truth to accept for Naina's parents. But they did accepted it. Naina's father is severely ill. All the mental exhaustion which he had faced has taken a toll on him.

Shekhar asked Rajveer to marry Naina as a favour. He can see the love and care, his eyes has for Naina. He can see the respect Naina has for him. Also he wanted to give a name to relationship they share. He has enough of bashing and resistance from the society.

Rajveer agreed along with Naina and they got married in a haste just after her graduation ceremony.

He left just after the ceremony. He had to report next day for some urgent mission. He needs to be undercover and it's a relief from the awkwardness of their relationship.

They hardly said few words to each other. No promises were made neither any expectations were made.

But today he was supposed to go to her house. It's their first holi after marriage and Naina's parents asked them to spend it with them.

Naina joined them few days ago and he is supposed to join on the day of Holika. He is driving towards her home, thinking about how they will be proceeding with this marriage.

—————————————————

Shekhar: ayo beta. Baitho aaram se.

Rajveer touched his feet, "Kaise hai aap? Ab tabiyat kaise hai?"

Shekhar: thik hi hai beta. Ab bas aise hi chalega sab kuch.

Rajveer has no words on this. He can see Naina looking at her father whose health improved slightly after their marriage.

Meera: Mai khana laga rahi hu. Naina, use kamra dikha do.

Naina went behind him to their room. She is wearing a simple sky blue salwar kurta. Her hairs are tied in a bun and clearly she came from the kitchen as her face is surrounded with fly away hairs and sweat.

She gave him the towel and shown him the washroom.

Naina : aap fresh ho jayiye nai niche hun.

Rajveer wanted to stop her, to talk to her but didn't somehow that awkwardness is still there.

He came downstairs and they had their lunch. It was a quite meal. Her parents didn't said much and they wrapped up the meal.

After the meal Naina's father asked Rajveer, " tum dono ne kuch socha hai ki age kaise badhna hai?"

He is stunned and Naina's mother chuckled, "are beta, Shekhar kahna chahte ki ab tum dono sath me posting ke bare soch rahe ho?"

Rajveer: jee vo .. han is bar koi simple posting milegi mujhe to we can try.

Naina: maa vo hum dekh lenge na. Aap kyu pareshan ho rahe ho. Aap aaram kar lo. Subah se Khane me lage ho. Mai kitchen saf kar deti hu.

Rajveer looked at Naina gratefully to save him from this situation. But Naina avoided looking at him.

Meera: Han thik hai. Tu kitchen dekh le. Rajveer ,beta tum bhi aaram kar lo thoda uper jakar.

Rajveer sat on the sofa till Naina's parents left and then went to the kitchen.

Naina registered his presence but kept cleaning the counter.

Rajveer: Mai kuch help kara du?

Naina : nahi. Aap aaram kijiye. Mai kar lungi.

Rajveer left and Naina looked at him leaving.

It's an irony that two people who never ran out of things to talk now have nothing to talk. Naina want to talk to him, to tell him that this relationship means something to her. But she is scared that he might not feel the same way about her.

—————————————————

Today finally Holi is there. Naina who was not able to sleep properly, the entire night was gazing at Rajveer's face.

His innocent face in soft morning light looked so cute that she couldn't help but keep looking.

Naina has decided to give this a genuine try. He married her, even in tough circumstances but he did agreed for this alliance. It means something. She wanted to discover the reason. Only thing is how?

Naina dressed up a little too carefully today. She chose a simple mustard yellow sari and gave Rajveer the kurta, her parents bought for him.

They went down for breakfast and all of them did a tika to each other. Naina and Rajveer did a small tika to her parents and touched their feet. Naina's parents also did their tika.

Naina's mother went busy in kitchen, while Naina's father went to buy some sweets.

Rajveer was upstairs doing some work when Naina arrived with Gulal in a plate.

Rajveer looked at her, she is looking stunning in her sari with red colour adorning her beauty.

Mesmerised with her, he automatically proceeded towards her. She put the tika on his forehead with hesitation.

He is touched by her simple gesture and did something unexpected. He took the red colour and filled her hair parting. She closed her eyes as the colour is drizzled on her nose and forehead. It enhances her beauty in his eyes.

Naina blushed at this gesture and turned to leave.

He is looking at her when he saw her turning again. She is smiling mischievously. He scrunched his eyes when he felt her hands covering both his cheeks with gulal.

He is so surprised that he didn't reacted and meanwhile he realised she is at the door. Before leaving she halted for a second, "Happy Holi Sir".

Rajveer can't help but give her a heart melting smile. After all she brought colours in his life again.

/* happy holi friends!!! Stay safe and enjoy the festival!!!

This is my holi gift to you all. I am planning to add 2 to 3 updates more to this short story. Let me know how you find it.

It's dedicated to Soumya0706  She inspired me to write about after marriage life of Raina.

Comments and vote friends, if you want a update tomorrow.