2 | Unfamiliar Feelings

My first three classes went by as slowly as they could since they didn't have Josh, Jules, or Violet in them

My first three classes went by as slowly as they could since they didn't have Josh, Jules, or Violet in them. Violet and I have known Josh and Jules since we were all babies. Our parents met their parents in high school, and they became this one big friend group, and the Waldaerwood family was born. We had all the siblings we could ever want. Although we all knew Josh and Jules saw each other as way more than that, but just couldn't admit it. Violet and I were working on it, though. Sooner or later we'd get them together.

Coach Wilson had us run laps for the last ten minutes like normal, and during this was when Josh and I often had our 'life talks' as he labeled them a while ago. "Hey, you good? You seem off today," Josh interrupted my thoughts. "Something happened with Violet?"

"I don't know, man," I jogged alongside him. "Violet asked me something today when we got to school and then I sort of ignored her after that." Josh cringed, guessing at how awkward it must have been for the both of us. "She's my best friend, I don't know why I wouldn't be able to answer a question as simple as if I would be asking anyone to be my date to Winter Formal."

"Hold on, she did what?" Josh stopped running, resting his hands on his knees. "What did you say?"

"That if we won the auditions then I'd barely have time for a date," I shrugged. Josh palmed his face, shaking his head. "What? What did I say wrong?"

"Everything," Josh scoffed, rolling his eyes and starting up his jog again. "You should've asked her to dance instead. You should've asked her on a date a long time ago, but it's never too late." The ten minutes were up, so we headed to our lockers to cool off and gather our stuff so we could go to lunch. "I know, I know, you two are best friends and the rest of us need to stop saying you guys are in every way in love with each other but come on. You guys can't actually be this blind to what everyone else can see."

"Well, if you're so smart, then you'd know that Violet and I together would never happen. Now, let's head to lunch. I'm starving." I put my gym bag back in my locker, grabbed my backpack, and started to walk out of the locker room. "I barely had anything for breakfast today."

"Didn't you eat like all the extra waffles Aunt Melissa made?