Chapter 10: Pushing back

Las Asteris, Kauradla 2

September 17th 8300

0900 hours

"The time has come everyone. it looks like we have to do a shootout here. but it seems like there is a desperate attempt that the Saderan has made. looks like much of their higher rank have retreated back to where they come from." Hucklin said as he readied his weapon.

"Well then let's go," Timothy said, as he rallied all forces he needed in order to take back Mariott hotel from the hands of the Saderan.

The squad of veterans is about to go to the Mariott hotel. this will be one big surprise for the Saderan. they all have to go on foot, despite there are some vehicles available with them. but the coast is hot to send one of them. so they have to watch out for the dragon, and they have no proper equipment for dealing with this beast.

After an hour later they begin to look at the giant flying beast as it wrecks a city.

"Looks like we piss them off even further," Emily said.

"After all that is their greatest weapon they could have to send?" Ethan said as both look upon the flame dragon flying by. that dragon is ordered to patrol around as it was accompanied by its two offspring, that is always following her.

"yeah, a flying organic tank flamethrower. also known as the flame dragon. it was deadlier than normal dragons, and makes the wyvern look like their like aircraft." Hucklin explained about the flame dragon in short.

"Maybe we should get the hell out of here before we are going to be cooked alive by that dragon," Emily suggested to the squad to go, then the flame dragon begins to turn its head right and spot the squad there.

"Oh crap! we need to get out from here now!" Timothy ordered the rest to run from the mother flame dragon. because the one that was spotted does not have its offspring with it.

"Oh don't forget we should find a smaller area in order to get loose from this flying beast," Hucklin said, as they were ordered to find a smaller place, like a whole, or find a sewer if possible because the underground might be the only safest place this time.

"Alright, it looks like the underground might be our safest passage. despite we have around hundreds of troops that are ready. well then let's go, I don't think engaging that giant flying flamethrower is no use at all since we had no proper weapon for it." Ethan said as they all begin to run before the mother flame dragon could try reaching them and burn them to crisp.

As they try to run as fast as they could, the father flame dragon, had to do some damage across the streets. as buildings have been smashed. but the damage is not that impactful, since in the future building has a strong foundation at a cheap cost. the mother flame dragon roar as she begins to land, and burn vehicles and anything on the streets. as it about to chase Hucklin and his friends along with troops under his or some of his friend's command.

They all run as fast as they could and find a passage that leads to the underground floor of a building. then whatever the cost is that. they have to get inside there and get lost from the dragon tracks. as this one is no easy to kill, along with that the toxic gas is not yet brought to the battlefield, but the report of the Saderan mighty weapon has been reported to the FIS forces around Kauradla 2, and they are now preparing any chemical weapon or toxic gas just to kill this mighty beast easily, with less cost and effort.

"Look everyone I found the passage. let's get there so that flame dragon is not going to follow us at all." Timothy warned the rest to go to the escalator. but luckily the escalator has stopped. so the rest would just walk through there and watch their step.