-Stay Silent.-

This might potentially contain spoilers for some story quests of liyue...
So if you don't wish to be spoiled, please proceed wish caution.

Thanks, enjoy! 🐸

_____________

"Don't move." A voice came from behind Aether, startling him, making him jump.

He turned his head only to realize he had been followed by Xiao, all the way from Wangshu Inn to this cave full of hilichurls that they both stood in.

Aether crept behind a rock as he watched the monsters and tried figuring out a way to kill them swiftly yet cautiously.

"Xiao- What are you doing here?" He whispered as he faced the yaksha, who, as always, had a very serious, unfazed look on his face.

"I overheard you talking to that floating...thing. So I followed you here to help you." He whispered, as well.

"Help me?- That's...unusual of you. By the way, where even is Paimon?"

"I don't know- Some dark blue haired girl with a spear showed up and took her in a bag."

"Xiangling- Well...Paimon is going to be emergency food-"

"Were you planning to just run out and kill all those hilichurls?"

"Well I was planning on sneaking up on them actually, but now that you're here..."

"Stay silent. Do not move." He demanded.

The yaksha suddenly ran off, to the hilichurls. He jumped up high, almost touching the top of the cave, then suddenly plunged down and killed all the hilichurls almost immediately.

Aether just stood with his mouth open. Xiao walked back behind the rock with Aether and blankly looked at him for a while.

"Why do you look like you're waiting for someone to feed you?" He said as he forcibly closed his jaw, snapping him out of whatever trance he was in.

"You're just- So amazing..."

"Thank y--" He paused suddenly, as he heard some big footsteps.

Something big was entering the cave they were in, most likely something they could not fight alone, even if Xiao is truly strong.

Xiao peeked behind the rock they were hiding in, he suddenly saw a giant shadow and quickly hid his head again.

"Xiao...What's going o--" Aether was cut off, being suddenly pinned to the rock and having his mouth covered by Xiao.

"Don't make a sound..." He said with a demanding tone as he looked the blonde in the eyes and stared at them deeply.

Aether audibly gulped, hearing the footsteps and not knowing if he should panic because there's a big monster nearby, or if he should freak out because Xiao is touching him right now.

"It's a geovishap...None of us have shields right now, so if it notices us, we're dead." Xiao let go off Aether and sat next to him, his back facing the big rock behind them both.

He sat down and then picked Aether up, sitting him on his lap while shuffling over to the side of the rock so they could both see. He popped his head out, but, meanwhile Aether was slowy turning redder the more he sat on Xiao, and in his panic he couldn't even think straight enough to look over.

Xiao shuffled back to the center of the rock, where it was less likely for any legs or clothing pieces to be seen. He turned Aether's head to face him and noticed just how red and flustered he looked.

"Are you...okay?- Do you have a fever??"

"W-what? No- I'm fine don't worry..."

"If you're sick we can find a way out of here..."

"Uhm- N-no let's just sit and wait for it to leave..."

"Hmm...Fine." He suddenly grabbed Aether and hugged him, placing his head in his back and squeezing him slightly, making a high pitched squeal escape his mouth.

Xiao panicked, knowing that the noise was loud and was probably heard by the geovishap. The monster started getting closer to the rock they hid in, so Xiao grabbed Aether bridal style and shouted.

"I'm going to make a run for it, hold on tight."

The yaksha started running with Aether in his hands to the outside of the cave. The geovishap followed behind them but, as Xiao neared the cave's exit, he noticed some rocks over one of the sides that seemed loose, he threw his spear at them as he ran past and managed to trap the monster inside...

"O-okay! You trapped it in the cage!! Can you drop me now?..." The blonde said, still being flustered over the fact he's being carried now.

"I'm sorry, but no. It will escape and catch up to us, and since you're sick I shall carry you back to Wangshu Inn. We can get a room and stay the night until you get better.."

Aether sighed and hummed, "I guess it is getting quite late... You're right."

After running for a few more minutes, they finally arrived at the Inn. They got a room to stay in and Xiao immediately dropped Aether on the bed once they got there.

"Ow- Why so hard, geez..."

"Sorry... You should rest now, I'm going to shower."

"Wait- I need to shower too.."

"Then come."

"W-what- What do you mean come?..."

"Come, we can take it both. It'll be easier with a bath if it's both of us."

"Bath?...Both of us?!- You mean..you want me to bathe with you?"

"Duh- Why must you humans make it so awkward when someone wants to cleanse themselves with another person around?"

Xiao huffed and walked into the bathroom, running a bath for him and Aether. He waited in there for a while, until the bath water was warm enough, but not too warm.

"Are you coming or not?" He yelled to Aether from the bathroom, waiting for him to come already.

"U-uhm...Yeah sure hold on.."

Five minutes had passed and Aether was nowhere near the bathroom, so Xiao got up, slightly annoyed, and walked out of the bathroom to try and get the blonde to move his ass.

But, to his surprise, when he went to look for him, he wasn't on the bed where he was before...

He was suddenly gone..

_____________
To be continued...

Enjoy the cliffhanger Fabs-
You should talk to Shirabu on the server about how much I like to leave y'all on cliffhangers LMAO-

I'm tired so idk if this'll be posted immediately cuz I have to proof read first and stuff-

But anyways thanks for reading!!

K bai! 🐸🌸