•summer

"These outfits are awful," Donghyuck groaned.

"I know, you've said that a thousand times on our way here," Mark acknowledged.

"Look, I need to meet new people. This outfit won't help."

"I'm right here, Hyuck."

Donghyuck grinned, leaning over and placing his chin on Mark's shoulder, "You know I love you most, Markie."

Mark made a puking noise and pushed a laughing Donghyuck off his shoulder, "That's enough, I might puke."

"I love you," Donghyuck teased. "Meet me by the door."

Once Donghyuck was gone, Mark let himself sigh. As much as he hates to say it, Donghyuck is right. The clothes were awful. Imagine pairing a rundown shirt (probably worn by your grandpa) with a pair of Nike shorts. Exactly, horrendous. The best Mark could do was tuck in his shirt and slip his lanyard into one of his pockets. It would have to work. He ran his fingers through his hair one last time before grabbing a change of clothes and running out to meet Donghyuck.

-

What Mark loved most about Chicago so far was the weather. It wasn't too hot even though they were in the prime time of summer heat. The breeze was mild, allowing brief moments of relief. It was nice to know that they wouldn't be standing in the burning heat all month like other states encountered.

The walk to the fields wasn't far from the dormitory so, they had no fear about getting there late. Mark ran up and grabbed the door first before Donghyuck could beat him to it. With a grin, he opened the door and ushered Donghyuck inside.

"You're so immature," Donghyuck laughed.

Mark smiled and followed after the younger, putting a comforting arm around his shoulder. This seemed to help as Donghyuck's shoulders relaxed under the touch. Donghyuck has always struggled with nervousness whenever he tried something new or entered a new experience. Mark knew he had nothing to worry about though. Donghyuck was talented at almost everything he did. He picked up on skills quickly and was able to excel in them. It was a trait that Mark was slightly jealous of.

The first thing Mark noticed when he walked into the unfamiliar room was the absurd amount of people there.

Basketball players were taking an ice bath after a long game. Some football players were doing stretches so that they were able to get back out there and play rather sooner than later. However, Mark didn't see another trainer’s insight.

"You two, come in here," Someone said, his head peeking out of a doorway.

Mark and Donghyuck glanced at each other before walking into the office. There stood about twelve other people including, three coaches.

"Welcome back and a special welcome to Mark and Donghyuck who are hiding in the corner. Is everyone here? Where's Taeil?"

"Right here!"

Mark watched as Donghyuck's head whipped towards the voice. A small smile crossed his face and Mark saw his shoulders relax a bit.

What a helpless romantic.

"You guys were excellent last year so, I don't expect any less than that. I've partnered up Yuta with Mark and Taeil with Donghyuck for the first week but make sure to introduce yourself to them eventually."