The first day

I high fived the twins, and went to my first lesson, potions with the puffs. We sat down, and I ended up next to a girl called Susan Bones.

We worked together well, and got the potions done efficiently. As we had some time, we talked quietly.

"Sorry to be blunt, but would you call yourself light?" Susan shook her head quickly.

"No, my aunt and I are neutral, but we do want more rights for everyone, as that doesn't fit with anyone's ideals, we're just here." I nodded and chewed my lip.

"I am planning on making a grey side to the war, where everyone is treated equally. I'm looking for allies, and I am hoping we can renew the alliance between our houses?"

Susan smiled brightly, "I would love to, I'll owl my aunt, and at Christmas we can have a proper talk." I nodded and went to my next lesson. Transfiguration with Gryffindors. McGonagall does look like a good teacher, this shouldn't be too bad.

Entering the classroom, I saw a cat on the desk. Strange- wait. It has markings around its eyes that look suspiciously like Professor McGonagall's glasses. Waiting until everyone had sat down, I stepped to the front of the class with a small smirk on my face.

"Today class, we will be learning about the deadly poison shampoo, and why our resident potions master refuses to use it." Muffled giggles broke out through the classroom.

"Now can anyone tell me what exactly this horrid concoction does?" A girl with dark hair rose her hand. "Yes?" She smiled widely before answering.

"I am Parvati Patil, and shampoo is meant to keep your hair clean and make sure that you look professional and clean at all times." Lisa stuck her hand up after Parvati had finished. I motioned for her to speak.

"I theorise that Professor Snape has developed an aversion, or fear of shampoo, that may come from getting it in his eyes as a child. This would make him scared of using it ever again, and cause him to not shower for the rest of his life." She was trying not to laugh, but after finishing burst into giggles, leading the rest of the class into a two-minute long laughing session.

"Thank- thank you, Ms Turpin for your- accurate theory. It has been found that these are usually grumpy men - like Professor Snep - also bully children for no reason. " I laughed as I made my way back to my seat.

Barely a second later, the rude redhead and another boy with slightly smoking hair burst in the classroom, yelling something about being lost. The cat at the front of the room leapt forward, becoming a transfiguration Professor that was trying to hide a smile.

"Mr Weasley and Mr Finnigan, please try to make it too my lessons on time in the future. Ten points for being late. And Ms Rose, I bid you thanks for taking my lesson, but that will be a detention tomorrow at eight o'clock in my office." I nodded with a small smile on my face. No points taken off. Yet.

She then introduced the subject and told us that we were transfiguring a toothpick into needles. I pointed my wand at the toothpick and took a deep breath.

I said the words for the spell and released my magic into the piece of wood. I felt it changing density and slowly became a needle. I grinned as my first bit of wizard magic was done.

"Good work Ms Rose, ten points to Ravenclaw." I smiled in thanks, then heard a harsh whisper as the girl in front of we sneered.

"How did you cheat? I'm the smartest witch in our year and I was supposed to get it first."

I smiled sweetly. "Then why didn't you?"

She turned red and opened and closed her mouth a few times before huffing and turning around. The rest of the class passed with me helping the people around me, and trying to transfigure it silently. It sort of worked, but I ended up with something that was part metal, part wood with little spikes. I don't know so don't ask.

Honestly, magic school isn't so bad. For humans at least. But throughout the day, the sheer amount of prejudice I saw was shocking. I mean fifth year Gryffindors were bullying first year Slytherins just because of their house. Like what?

After dinner I decided to start a list of things I wanted to accomplish. Up in my little tower I felt like I was in a different world. Grabbing a sheet of parchment I got to work.

Things I want to do while at Hogwarts

1. Make friends in every house

2. Make allies in every house

3. Learn all I can about human magic

4. Convince everyone at Hogwarts that magical creatures aren't that bad

5. Make a group of close friends that u can trust with my life

6. Fall in love

I hesitated at writing the last one. I didn't want it to be rushed but like anyone else, I wanted to be loved. For some reason that remainder me that I needed to talk with the blond boy and Daphne, and Susan.

So much to do. Well I'll start with a good nights rest then talk with the others in the morning. Curling up in my bed, I fell into a peaceful sleep.