To The Office We Go

"The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun."

Tuesday

School.

It felt like a lifetime since she's had to sit through classes. James forgot how dragging school could be. Sure she was just here yesterday but today felt like forever. Especially when she'd rather just enjoy time with the others. It was also especially hard not to laugh when Luke kept making faces at her.

Kota turned in his seat shooting them both a look. "Be quiet," He mouthed Sang's lips quirked up beside him and she heard Gabe let out a small laugh his crystal blue eyes flickering with amusement.

James winked leaning back in her chair. "Quiet, I'll be quiet." She assured.

"Yeah fucking right," Gabe muttered beside her.

James laughed lightly, "Hey! I am being quiet. Like a mouse." she whispers shouted.

"James." Kota repeated he was still facing forward his voice only being heard by there small group. James winced oops.

Luke's lips moved into a wide smile, "Ooooo, you got in trouble." He tugged some of her hair chuckling under his breathe as he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

James narrowed her eyes, stupid Luke being all cute and shit well teasing her. That shouldn't be aloud.

"Did not," James shot back.

"Did too," Gabe smirked.

Sang shook her head shooting the three glances. Kota finally turned raising an eyebrow at them. "Stop." He demanded Gabe and Luke both boys sat up any responses falling on their lips. Uh oh. His green eyes turned to James. "Be good."

James raised her hands innocently. "Sir yes, sir." She responded mock saluting.

Kota's lips twitched his eyes flickering with amusement despite the firm expression he tried to keep on his face.

"Ms. Sorenson, Ms. Jones," Ms. Johnson called gaining James's attention. Their group all sat up James and Sang sharing a confused glance. "Your wanted in the office."

"I didn't do anything!" James blurted making the class irrupt into laughter.

Kota sighed loudly bringing a hand to his face. Luke and Gabe looked half concerned half-amused and Sang? Sang was worried.

What a way to start their first-period class. James flushed rubbing the back of her neck as she shot the class a sheepish grin.

Ms. Johnson rolled her eyes fondly, "James," She groaned pointing towards the door. "There's no need to tell me that. The office you two."

Sang and James both stood, Gabe, snatched her bag shaking his head. "Will take them to class." He said softly. Gone was the amusement replaced with confusion, the guy's didn't know why they were being dragged out of class. "Keep your phones on you."

James and Sang shared a look.

This couldn't be a good sign...

James couldn't help but be confused as she locked elbows with Sang. She locked eyes with Luke the boy shooting her a worried look. She turned to catch Kota's eyes his green eyes shooting her a reassuring glance.

"We really didn't do anything," Sang whispered. "Do you think this is because you missed yesterday?"

James carefully closed the door behind her, "But then why would they have you come as well?" She shook her head, "Something's off. Never a dull day huh?"