(5) Growing Up

Hamid Rahman Khan was born to a decent family in Malakand, Pakistan.
He was an only child.
Being a below average student, he quit school very early, but He had a remarkable talent for leadership.
He was a decisive person who understood people very well.

At an early age, he went to Karachi and began working.
After a few years, he started a small company of Steel. In about ten years, he was on top of the Steel business.

His business was booming. He started many other businesses out of which, Trade was the biggest one.

He had three children.
Shafi Rahman, the eldest.
Laith Rahman Khan and a daughter Aaliyah Rahman.

Shafi was a soft and obedient kid. He would always do as told, but his father wanted a strong son to take over his business and take it to the next level.

Laith was born five years later.
His father was on a business trip when he was born. A week later his father arrived and took him in his hands. He looked at his deep black eyes and saw a King. He knew that he would be strong and intelligent. That he was the one to take over his empire and make it bigger.
He named him Laith which means Lion.

Two years later, Aaliyah was born. She was a beauty from birth and grew up fast.

Laith, on the other hand couldn't walk or talk till the age of three. They showed him to doctors, but he was perfectly fine. He and Aaliyah learned walking and talking around the same time.

When he was sent to school, he couldn't study. He would just sit in silence. His father decided that he should be homeschooled but most of his teacher couldn't get to him and he wasn't able to learn anything.
He would never play with any kids and spend most of his time alone.

Mostly servants took care of him. He was very good-looking but small and weak for his age. As he grew up, his father expectations went down and his hatred for him rose.
His father expected him to be the greatest but he was the weakest.

He wouldn't give him any attention and spend time worrying about Shafi and Aaliyah.

After many teachers, a young man was brought to teach him. He was smart and witty. His father's assistant thought he might have a good impact on him.

The young man, Raza was pleased with the pay, so he was patient with him.

After some time, he realized that he couldn't learn much from him but was extraordinarily good at learning himself.
He tried some experimental ways, and Laith began to take interest in studies.

Raza realized that Laith was not retarded as everyone thought. He just couldn't process everything as we do.
Laith began to grow physically and mentally.
Raza moved up his courses and tested his limits. He discovered that Laith was extremely intelligent, and learned things at a way faster rate than normal.

At the age of ten, Laith was done with his metric courses. Although he couldn't sit for exams because of the minimum age limit. (14 years)

The only person Laith played with and cared about was his younger sister Aaliyah. He loved her more than anything, and she was the only one he would talk to and play with.

He would fight with his mother and brother whenever they scolded Aaliyah.

They were both best friends.

One day, a nine-year-old Laith was sitting on the bare floor reading a book while Aaliyah was playing on the terrace.

The terrace had a small boundary of two bricks. He was sitting under the terrace. Aaliyah would repeatedly come to the edge of the terrace and bother him.