Episode One: Part 3

[A/N]-

Sorry about the wait guys! But here's the third part of episode one finally!

Happy reading,

Selena

~•{👑🦁👑}•~

Episode One: Never Judge a Hyena By It's Spots [3]

It was evident that Kion had not heard the slight footsteps from above them as she had, as his attention was still on her. However, when the young prince noticed the sudden change in his friend's upbeat demeanor he knew something was wrong. Sauda was looking up at the rocky ledges of the canyon walls on either side of them, ears and eyes alert, definitely searching for something.

"What's-" Kion was cut off abruptly when his female companion pushed a paw into his open muzzle.

"Hush," was all she said in response to the male's questioning gaze. As she did this she hadn't even taken her eyes off where the sound had come from.

"Hmm," the young prince said, turning his attention to the same direction that Sauda was alert to.

Raising his nose to the air and sniffing, another noise was then heard as a female hyena came bounding down towards them from the ledge above.

"Hello!" she exclaimed. "Surprise!"

Kion gasped in surprise and fell backwards as he tried to escape the unexpected hyena's pounce towards them.

"I knew that there was some animal up there following us!" Sauda exclaimed. "I just didn't know exactly what kind it was."

"Didn't know I was up there," the female hyena laughed. "Did ya?"

Kion got up from stumbling towards the ground and protested immediately, stuttering as he did so. "No, I...I knew you were there the whole time....Hyena."

Sauda sighed at her friend pointing out the blatant obvious status of her species, before looking back up towards the hyena above them.

"Yep, I'm a hyena all right," she responded, rolling her eyes. "You lions are so clever!"

The hyena then let out a short laugh before continuing speaking, "Especially you, Kion. Leader of the Lion Guard."

Kion growled lightly under his breath in annoyance at the female canine's obstinate glib. When the canine then looked to the prince's companion her demeanor changed slightly as she gained a glint of curiosity in her gaze as she continued speaking down towards them. Looking directly at Sauda she continued, "So the rumor running through the Outlands about a mysterious dark colored lioness prancing around with the lion prince is true!"

"Mysterious?" Sauda thought to herself. "Well, at least I'm actually being noticed for once..."

Kion then stepped forwards and asked suspiciously, "How do you know us?"

"Just by reputation," the hyena answered nonchalantly, "The mark on your shoulder's a giveaway, though."

As the hyena laughed and pointed at the male's guard member mark that stood out on his golden furred shoulder, Kion rolled his eyes. Eventually Sauda's curiosity eventually got the better of her and she finally spoke up and addressed the hyena properly for the first time, "Where'd you hear the rumor about me from?"

The purple canine blinked as the dark lioness spoke to her unexpectedly, "Well I heard from one of Janja's cronies about how there was a new lioness cub that had joined the king's pride who was also helping the lion guard."