THREE: babysitter?

The Next Day

Penny-

I sat at the end of the bed, watching James roll around in his crib. My eyes were heavy and sore from my tears last night. Michael never joined me for sleep, I think I upset him. Although that wasn't my intention I was just upset. He's probably awake by now, maybe in the studio. He didn't come in to brush his teeth either.

James' eyes fluttered open while a sweet smile grew on his plump face as he saw me.

"Morning my baby." I whispered and lifted him out of his crib.

I peaked into the living room while searching for Michael. The pillows were smashed while a blanket laid in the couch. He must've slept there. I walked into the kitchen to get myself some food, my arm aching while holding James.

I heard the front door open followed by the sound of footsteps walking into the bedroom. He's back. This morning was quiet and almost awkward. I didn't like it.

I held my coffee in one hand and James in my other arm and walked back to the living room to sit down so I could feed him.

"Good morning." Michael said behind me while he passed the living room.

"Morning." I called back to him.

I walked back into the bedroom to change James' diaper. I could hear Michael open the door and step in.

"What happened last night?" He squeaked and walked towards the bed while I set James back down into his crib.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"So you crying and pushing me away is nothing?" He said angrily.

"Yes." I raised my eyebrows and walked into the closet.

My hands ran across my clothes while I searched for something to wear. I felt Michaels hands creep around my waist while he pressed his body against mine. It was hard for me to stay secretive when his whole being was just pulling me open. His head rested on my shoulder.

"Please talk to me." He whispered. "You were crying so loud all through the night. I could hear you from the living room! All I wanted to do was come in here and hold you but I didn't want to make you more upset."

I stayed quiet and pulled a sweater off the rack.

"What happened?" He turned me around. His deep brown eyes pulled me in to him. "You didn't need to hide yourself when I saw you either." I bit my lip in nervousness. "I've seen every inch of your body. You don't need to hide yourself. You're beautiful." He kissed my forehead.

My chin began to quiver. His eyebrows furrowed while his hands gripped my face. "Baby..." He whined.

I scrunched my face and fell into his arms. "I hate myself." I whimpered and gripped onto his shirt.

"No no no... don't say that." He held onto me.

"I don't feel like me." I sniffled while his shirt grew wet from my tears.

"I know baby. I know it's hard. But just let your body reset. You went through so much. Remember what I talked about yesterday?"

"But..." I hiccuped. "This is different."

"How is it different?" He backed up and held onto my shoulders.

"I hate my b-body." My hands covered my face while I cried.

"Penny..." He hugged me again. "Penny your body is perfection. You're a goddess!" His hands rubbed up and down my back.

"No it's not! I'm like an elephant!" He giggled.
"Don't laugh at me!" I pushed him away.