Love Proposal - Alex Karev

"I was paged?" I asked as I walked to the main floor of the surgical wing.

"Right over there. There's a man asking for you." A nurse answered. I raised a single eyebrow in confusion. Not knowing who it could be. I walked over to the large waiting area and that's when I saw him.

My ex.

"What are you doing here?" I asked annoyed.

"Please y/n, let's just talk." He said.

"No I have nothing to talk to you about. And if you'll excuse me. I'm working. I have to scrub in on a surgery." I said as I looked at my watch.

"Please." He pleaded.

"Why do you want to talk to me anyway? Aren't I a no one? A simple secretary?" I scoffed, repeating his words from last night.

"Please baby-.."

"No." Was all I said before I walked off. The events from yesterday night freshly playing in my mind as I walked to the o.r.

flashback

I walked into the bookstore. It was a late Friday night and I was bored. All the guys and girls were either going on dates, or working. So I was on my own. I browsed the romance section. Looking over the books as I walked by.

I preferred bookstores over libraries. Knowing me and my rare free schedule, I would get a book from the library and forget to return it. That's just how my life was. I walked around and once I chose a book I was quite interested in, I walked over the journal section. Which just so happened to be right next to the pregnancy and parenting books.

"Look sweetheart, this book looks to be ranging from birth to one year. I think this one would work, don't you think." A far too familiar voice said behind me. Making me freeze in my tracks. I quickly grabbed a simple black journal and turned around. Only to bump into him. He stood there, holding a woman who was very much pregnant. And who also happened to have an engagement ring on her left ring finger.

I found it difficult to swallow. He stared at me before speaking. "Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said as I continued to walk.

"My love who was that?" The woman asked.

"Oh that was no one dear. Just one of those secretaries from the office. You know." He said bitterly. And that was when I realized. My boyfriend of six months thought I was a no one. And maybe I was.

I rushed to pay, as tears threatened to leave my eyes. Swallowing back painful sobs. I walked out and drove to the place where I knew I would find a slight amount of comfort.

Joe's bar.

I walked in and sat on a bar stool. Ordering a tequila.

"Y/n?" I heard behind me. And I was met with Jackson and April. They looked at me, seeing as the tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. My mascara staining my under eyes.

"Oh god. What happened?" April asked as she took a seat on the empty barstool next to me.

"My boyfriend of six months, James. Has been cheating on me. Or should I say he's been cheating on his wife who is eight months pregnant with me." I said looking at them. Jackson and April stared at each other before they both sighed.

"She asked him who I was. And he said I was a no one." I said laughing to myself out loud.

Jackson sighed before he pulled me in for a hug.