I love you | Mark Sloan |

For as long as I can remember, Mark and I have always been friends. Ever since he was introduced to us when he flirted with Meredith and got punched by Derek we were good friends. He and I developed a close friendship. And he would tell me anything that was bothering him and I would do the same.

We found comfort in each other, and we were ourselves around the other. When we weren't at work we'd be at the others house and watch a show or movie. We'd go to the bar and drink and we'd talk about our love life.

He'd often tell me when he was screwing a nurse. And I would often always tell him how he was being a man whore. We'd both laugh and then talk about something else.

Over the course of the years. Maybe 2, we've grown to be really close. I was in the resident lounge where Meredith was standing.

"So you and mcsteamy?" She asked as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"What about us?" I asked.

"You two. When are you guys gonna date?" She asked.

I laughed.

"No, we're not gonna date. We're really good friends. Besides. He doesn't want anything serious and I do. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't want a future with me." I said.

She nodded.

We were called over and began our rounds.

At the end of the day, we all headed home.

I lived in Meredith's house, along with Alex, Jackson, Lexie, and April. I don't know how so many of us fit in that house.

We decided on ordering pizza and having a game night.

We played monopoly for awhile until we all lost interest in the game and did our own thing.

April came up to me.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"I don't know, there's something bugging me but I can't put my finger on it." I said.

April sat next to me and looked at me. "How are you and mark doing?" She asked.

"We're doing good you know? He's a great friend and I have a lot of fun with him. We can talk about anything and he won't judge you know?" I said.

"You're in love." She said.

"Hm?"

"You're in love with mark y/n"

"What?" No I'm not." I chuckled.

April looked at me.

"Looks to me like you are." She said standing up and walking off.

I stood quiet. And by the time it was late at night I found myself rolling around in bed, unable to fall asleep. Wondering if what April said was true.

And my brain flooded with memories of mark and I.

I stood up and grabbed my sweater and put it on. I opened that door to my room and walked down the hallway to Alex's room. I knocked quietly and then opened the door.

Alex was sleeping in the arms of his co-worker and girlfriend Ana.

Ana woke up and looked at me.

"Y/n? What are you doing up so late?" She asked quietly, tiredness evident in her voice.

I checked the clock and saw that it was in fact five in the morning.

"Uh, I couldn't sleep can I talk to you? Please?" I asked.

She closed her eyes and turned to face Alex. Opening her eyes and looking at him who was peacefully asleep in her arms.

"Sure, I'll meet you in the kitchen downstairs. Just give me five minutes."

I nodded at her response and walked out of their room and headed down to the kitchen.

Ana came down to join me exactly five minutes later.

"What do you want to talk about?" Ana asked.

"How did you know you were in love with Alex?" I asked.

"You woke me up at five in the morning to talk about my love life? You're lucky I love you and that's it's Saturday." She said.

Normally on Saturdays we have the day off. And this week was no different.

"You know how Alex was when we first met him. He was an ass. But when we became friends he began confiding in me and I got to know a side of him I didn't know. And I mean you know how he was with girls. And I wanted something real. But eventually my feelings for him became something so real and so big that I didn't care. Because if he was the right one for me, it would happen. And it happened. You just have to be patient and you have to give it a chance. I know it's cliché but trust me, if it's meant to be it'll be."

I nodded quietly, taking in the words Ana was saying.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Ana and I looked at eachother before I stood up and headed to the door. I opened it and saw Mark standing there. With Derek sitting on the patio swing. I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Hey Mark, Derek?" I said.

"Don't look at me, I have nothing to do with this." Derek said.

"What are you doing here Mark?" I asked.

"You always say it's annoying when I sleep with all the nurses in the hospital. And you pretend it doesn't bother you. But it does."

"It doesn't bother me mark."

"Are you sure?"

"Derek what's going on here?" I asked turning to Derek.

"I think Mark is drunk," Derek replied.

"I am not drunk." Mark said. "What I am is in love."

"In love? With who?" I asked.

"Well with Derek. Who else could it be?"

I chuckled.

"Relax Y/n, the feeling is not mutual," Derek chuckled.

"Alright princess, who could I be in love with?" Mark asked.

I stayed silent for a minute.

"With me?" I mumbled softly.

"And what if that's the case?" Mark said as he walked closer to me.

"Then no matter how much you love me, you'll never love me as much as I do." I smiled. Something in him changed. It's like he was relived in my answer.

His eyes went from my eyes to my lips, to my cheeks, tracing every facial feature of mine with his eyes.

"Princess." He said bringing me closer to him. "What did you do to me huh? What the hell did you do to me." He said as his hand cupped the side of my face. Pulling me in for a kiss.

It was a quick peck. And he pulled away. We stared into each others eyes. Before getting back together in a passionate kiss. This time, lasting longer.

We pulled away soon, needing air.

I smiled content with the kiss. "Goodnight princess, I'll see you tomorrow." He said.

"No, until later because it's already morning." I chuckled quietly.

"Well, whatever you say princess." He smiled.

I walked into the house and turned around to face him.

"Oh one last thing." He said and before I could react his lips were on mine. "So you can get used to it." He smiled.

I felt the blood rising to my cheeks and I closed the door. Immediately pressing my back against it in pure bliss when I opened my eyes I saw Ana smiling.

"Goodnight y/n" she said a little too cheerful for someone who was woken up at five in the morning.

"Night Ana." I said smiling as Ana walked up the stairs to her room.