September 4th - 18:17

Date: Monday, September 4th, 1922

Time: 18:17

Location: Sunspot Public Library

Angela enters the library, her dark skin shining from the rain outside.

She looks to the clock. She has forty-three minutes to find...something, before the library closes.

Angela gives a friendly nod to the librarian, who frowns as she drips on the floor. Nonetheless, Angela makes her way to the rows and rows of shelves. She's never been much of a reader and it's safe to assume she has never been inside this library before, despite it's close location. Better late than never, she supposes!

Angela scours the shelves for anything that seems of relevance. Perhaps another strange book that deals with strange creatures and the occult.

Eventually, after twenty minutes of searching, Angela finds a slim book of interest shoved in the dark corner of the Spirituality section. She pulls it out and looks at the cover.

Friends on the Other Side by Lazzaro Bonzi, written in 1569.

Well, it's in English.

Angela checks the time before giving the book a quick flip-through. Try as she might, though, the language was very tough to read, even in English, and she's almost certain this isn't the original language. She looks to the clock. Ten minutes left.

She looks to the cover again. This could have absolutely nothing to do with Ms. Maisy. But now it's caught her interest and Angela can't help but wonder if those "friends" Mr. Bonzi is talking about have anything to do with the creatures in Ms. Maisy's journal.

Angela tucks the book under her arm, leaving the shelves and approaching the librarian's desk. She puts the book on the surface.

"I'd like this, please," Angela says.

The librarian doesn't look up from his work. "Your card?"

"Card?"

The librarian sighs and reaches down, pulling out a small, yellow card. He places it on the surface.

"Write your name there," he points as he hands Angela a quill.

Angela takes the quill and writes out her full name.

Angela Gill Hawkswell

She hands the librarian back the quill. The librarian takes the book, opening to remove a card that was inside. Had that always been there?

He writes something on it before putting it back in the book and handing it to Angela. "Bring it back in two weeks."

"Yes, sir, of course," she nods. She doesn't even have the one.