September 5th - 18:10

Date: Tuesday, September 5th, 1922

Time: 18:10

Location: Silver Lake Morgue

Thunder rolls as Dr. Curtis takes Angela and Wendy through the morgue. Angela has a million questions rushing rapidly through her head, but just as she opens her mouth, Dr. Curtis stops and grabs the arm of a person passing by. He carries a suit case; his hair is red.

"Where are you going?" Dr. Curtis asks, her voice a low growl. "You can't leave now with everything going on."

"I had been planning on transferring back to New Mexico for the last month. The train leaves today. The fact that this place is collapsing at the same time is a matter of bad luck on you folk." His eyes find Angela and Wendy and he frowns. "Who are they? Why are they here?"

Dr. Curtis spares them the quickest of glances before bringing her voice even lower. "Associates of Maisy."

The man's eyes widen and he nods.

"It really is time for me to go," he mutters as he rushes away.

"Charlie!" Dr. Curtis calls out. She huffs in defeat before looking back to Angela and Wendy.

"It's fine," she says. Then louder: "This way."

They keep walking, Wendy pushing Angela in her wheelchair.

"So, what is this place, exactly?" Angela asks.

"Exactly what it's supposed to be: a morgue." Dr. Curtis takes them to a large, wooden door. She takes out a key and slips it in the lock. "It's a perfect holding place."

"For what? Spirits?" Wendy asks. Angela risks looking up for a glance at her face. Her jaw is tense, but other than that, she seems to be holding up okay.

Now that Angela thinks about it, this is probably the last place Wendy wants to be.

Even so, Dr. Curtis shakes her head as she turns the knob.

"No, not spirits," she says. "Something much worse."

The door opens, revealing stairs that lead down into darkness. Dr. Curtis turns to Angela, already putting an arm around her.

"I need you standing really quick," she says as she lifts Angela until she's standing on her good leg. Dr. Curtis bends down and picks her up by her good leg

before promptly tossing her down the stairs.

"ANGELA!" is the last thing she hears before blacking out.