On The Hunt

Dream's p.o.v.

It's been a few weeks since I've heard or seen anything from George or any of the others in his group. Then again I haven't really been accepting offers the past few weeks because of my injury, it's gotten better though I'd still have to be careful and I'd be at a disadvantage if any groups did find me and try hunt me down today but I need to do something soon. Once I got my next request I accepted it, I needed to start working again and besides maybe I can see George again and somehow talk to him if he hasn't forgotten about me already, I know it's pretty hard to forget about someone like me because of what I do but for some reason I hope he hasn't forgotten about the random friendship we managed to form.

Later that night I started making my way to the location of the job that I accepted, I was glad that this one was at night since I prefer to work in the night when I wanted something less challenging, it was less challenging in the night because it was much harder to see me at night then it was during the day. At least I thought it was going to be an easy night, that was until I heard rapid footsteps behind me, I looked back to see one of the few people who have come really close to killing me, Technoblade, he was also with two other people who were called Eret and Wilbur Soot. Techno, Wilbur and Eret were also another group hunting me, sometimes they'd try individually and sometimes they'd team up to try and corner me and tonight that seemed to be their plan.

George's p.o.v.

Sapnap, Bad and I were just out 'patrolling' for the night when we saw Eret, Wilbur and Techno, I looked in the direction they were running and that's when I saw him, Dream, it's been weeks since I've seen him and Sapnap and Bad didn't let me try and hack him or anything like that since after our last encounter with him I was injured pretty badly. I never told them what happened between Dream and I just told them that all I remember was tackling him off the roof then waking up on the ground with all my injuries, I mean technically I didn't really lie to them I just didn't give them the full story. Before I realised it I was chasing after Dream, I didn't want to hunt him like I was supposed to but I wanted to talk to him, I just didn't know how all I knew was that now I was running after him without any plan whatsoever and Sapnap and Bad were following after me. Getting Dream alone is going to be a lot harder then I thought.

Sapnap's p.o.v.

After seeing the other group George almost immediately took off running, Bad and I started running after him. While we were running I tried to figure out why we were suddenly on a chase especially with another group we hardly work with then I saw Dream, why are we suddenly going after him especially after last time?. To me it doesn't make sense and it's even stranger that George wants to go after him after the last encounter but he seems determined to get to him again. Bad signalled to the other group when we managed to get their attention and we merged together and continued our chase. We might actually be able to catch him this time with all of us working together.

During the chase George somehow managed to get in front of us and was slowly gaining on Dream, George looked like he was about to tackle Dream again until Dream turned around for a second and use a smoke bomb. We all paused and once the smoke cleared we saw Dream again, Dream had hold of George and was holding a gun to his head. "Don't you dare come any fucking closer or I'll shoot him!" Dream shouted and looked around at all of us, we all just froze and looked around at each other. We were all quiet for a moment like we were all silently trying figure out what to do, I looked back at Dream, he had this evil grin on his face and then there was George, George was terrified, of course he was anyone would be. Dream finally spoke up "argh I'm getting bored" he looked down at George then back at us and laughed "say goodbye to your hacker then" he said before throwing down another smoke bomb, once we heard George scream we all ran into the smoke but suddenly George's screams stopped, we kept running and manged to get through the smoke but there was no sign of Dream or George anywhere. Once the smoke had all cleared up we tried looking around but no one saw any sign of either of them, they had just disappeared in thin air it seemed.

Dream's p.o.v.

I dragged George though the smoke and covered his mouth to stop him from screaming, I quickly pulled him to a place to hide, once the smoke cleared a small bit I could see where a few of the members of the groups were, I decided to take the risk and just held George's hand and quickly ran the other way, I was lucky that they didn't notice us so I kept dragging George along until I thought we had gotten far enough where they wouldn't find us, it was on the outskirts of town and was also an abandoned building, point is it was very unlikely that they would search here for us. I finally let George go once we were inside, once I did he turned to face me, he still had a scared expression on his face "you weren't... actually going to kill me... were you?" he asked, he was shaking a little probably from the shock of everything that just happened, I laughed a bit and shook my head "no I wasn't going to at all this was just part of my plan to get you alone and it worked" I noticed him start to relax after I said that. I explained to George the plan that I managed to think up during the chase the only bit I was missing now was figuring out what happens now since I just 'kidnapped' George it would be a bit suspicious if I just let him walk out of here, I wasn't going to harm him either even if it was to make this look believable.

George sat against one of the walls of the building, I made my way over and sat next to him, it was nice to finally sit down after we had ran pretty far. "So what now?" I heard George ask "I was just thinking about that... I didn't think this far ahead" I chuckled slightly and I heard him chuckle as well "you're such an idiot you should have thought about this before deciding to 'kidnap' me" he said and I laughed "oh yeah? you got any bright ideas then huh smartass?" I asked with a smirk and he paused before speaking up again "I'll get back to you on that" I laughed again and ruffled his hair "oh it's ok Georgie I'll think of something, you can just sit here and look pretty which... your already doing so good job" I gave him a thumbs up and smiled, he smiled slightly and I could've sworn that I saw him blush a bit. George scooted closer to me and rest his head on my shoulder "what if... I just stay with you?" he asked, I thought for a moment, that didn't sound to bad but it would also be too dangerous if George stayed with me and besides his group would find us eventually and then what?. "no... it sounds nice but you can't you have to go back to your group eventually" I said, he sighed "I don't want to go with them though" he huffed "why not? aren't they your friends too?" I asked, it fell silent for a moment before George finally spoke up "they are but... I don't know it's just... it isn't the same?" George said before he let out a yawn "I don't know" he said "how are Sapnap and Bad different?" but all I was met with was silence. After waiting for awhile I finally looked down at George and noticed he had fallen asleep on my shoulder, I smiled to myself and laughed a bit, I leaned my head on his slightly and decided I should try and get some sleep as well.