It's in His Kiss

Pairing: Sweet Pea x NonBinary!gn!Reader

Written: January 14th, 2021

Posted: January 14th, 2021

Warning: None

Word Count: 975

Requested: Yes! I wasn't sure if the requestee wanted to be singled out for this imagine, especially since it's kindof a personal request. The person who requested is tagged in my taglist.

Author's Note: I haven't written anything like this one, I hope I did it justice! I didn't use any pronouns besides you, as well as I tried to keep description as neutral as possible.

"Hey you." Sweet Pea greeted, slightly turning away from the stove.

"Hi." You grumbled rubbing your eyes as you padded into the kitchen. Making your way towards Sweet Pea, you stood behind him wrapping your arms around his waist, pressing your cheek against his back.

Chuckling he clasped one of his hands over your intertwined ones.

"Someone is still sleepy."

You groaned. "You know I'm not a morning person."

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes as if you could see his reaction. "Come on grumpy. Breakfast is ready."

Once you finished eating breakfast, you went about your morning routine. Shuffling into your Pop's uniform, you fixed your appearance making sure you looked presentable.

"There's my favorite Pop's worker." Sweet Pea spoke, crossing his arms along his chest as he leaned against the bathroom doorframe.

"Oh hush." You snickered. Butterflies erupted in your stomach.

Making his way towards you, he cupped your jaw angling your head allowing him better access to your lips. Leaning down, he placed a peck to them before removing himself.

Rushing around your shared apartment, you grabbed your keys before calling out you'd be back once your shift was over. Sweet Pea responded with his usual, have a good day at work.

Toeing off your shoes, you let out a content sigh. Relief washing over you once you walked through the front door.

"Honey, I'm home!" You called chuckling.

"In here!" Sweet Pea called from the kitchen.

Smiling, you made your way to the bedroom changing into comfy clothes. Once you had changed, you made your way to the kitchen.

"Why does it feel like you're always in the kitchen?" You questioned leaning against one of the counters.

"Right?" Sweet Pea sent you a beaming smile, causing butterflies in your stomach. "The popcorn's almost done."

Nodding your head, you ventured back into the living room before turning on your favorite movie. Plopping down on the couch beside you, he placed his arm along the back of the couch. Making yourselves comfortable, you leaned into his side, resting your head on his shoulder. Leaning his head atop yours, he let out a content sigh.

"When are you going to talk to your parents?" He questioned.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, you shrugged. "I...I don't know."

"I think you should do it soon." He spoke. "Get it done and over with, get the weight off your shoulders."

Nodding your head, you knew he was right. The longer you prolonged the talk, the longer you suffered.

"What about tomorrow?" He questioned.

"What if it goes bad?" You spoke quietly.

Running his hand along your arm, he gently squeezed you to his side. "Then I'll be right here, waiting with open arms."

You weren't sure how much time had gone by since you arrived at your parents house. Sitting in the car, your mind kept going over and over all the different situations that could happen. Your hands began shaking slightly the longer you sat there, as your palms slowly perspired.

Sighing, you wiped your hands on your pants before opening your car door, and ringing the door bell. You felt as jittery as ever.

"Y/N!" Your mom greeted, sending you a smile before she pulled you in for a hug. "It's been too long."

You hummed in response, returning her hug.

"Who is it?" Your father's voice questioned.

"It's Y/N!" She responded, moving aside allowing you in.

"Oh, to what do we owe the pleasure?" He questioned, grinning.

"Uh..Well.." Your voice trailed off, as you shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. "I...I have to talk to you guys."

"Don't tell me." Your mom spoke, ushering you towards the couch. "I'm gonna be a grandma!"

"Well, not exactly." You muttered, rubbing your hands on your pants. "I...Just....Just try to keep an open mind."

"Of course." Your mom spoke, her expression hardening to a serious one. "You can tell us anything."

Letting out a shaky breath, you furrowed your eyebrows together. "I...I'm..." Squeezing your eyes shut, you attempted to calm yourself down. "I'mNonBinary." You rushed out.

"I'm sorry?"

"What was that?"

Your parents questioned, their faces continuing to remain stone like.

Taking a breath, you dropped your gaze to the ground before you. "I'm...I'm Non-Binary." Once the words had parted from your lips, crushing weight seemed to lift from your shoulders.

"I...I don't understand." Your mom's voice dripping with sorrow. "We...We did everything right!" She cried.

"Mom.." Your voice trailed off. "This...This has nothing to do with you or how I was raised."

"Then what does it have to do with!" Your father bellowed. His face becoming fiery.

"What does that even mean!" Your mom wailed, motioning about with her hands.

"It-"

"Who cares what it means!" Your father yelled. "Our child is broken!"

Your jaw falling slack at their hostile reaction. "I...I should go." You spoke, not bothering to hear either respond.

Bolting to the car, you fastened your seat belt before you practically sped away. The whole ride home, you couldn't stop the tears from falling. Their reaction was not what you had expected from two people who claimed to love you.

Throwing open your door, you rushed inside your apartment. Toeing off your shoes, you didn't greet Sweet Pea nor had you heard him attempt to calm you down. Hurrying towards your bed, you burrowed yourself underneath the blankets.

Time had sped by since you had arrived home. A portion of the blankets were lifted up, allowing Sweet Pea to slide in.

"That bad huh?" He questioned pressing kisses along your cheeks.

"You have no idea." You huffed, tears on the verge of cascading down your face.

Kissing the length of your face, his lips ended on the tip of your nose placing the faintest kiss.

"That's okay." He spoke, wrapping his arms around your waist. "I love you just the way you are."

Sweet Pea ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara