Future

The knock on his door pulled Tommy from the pile of paperwork he'd been buried under all morning. He glanced up at the doorway and sighed, shaking his head when he found his baby sister standing there.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I've got meetings." He said looking back down at his work, "I'm going to be busy all day."

"I know," Becca nodded to his planner, "That's why I took the liberty of penciling myself in last week. R.A.S., I'm your 11:30."

Tommy stopped, glancing at the book and shaking his head, "Well, I'll be damned."

He couldn't help the way the corners of his mouth turned up in an almost smirk as he motioned for her to take a seat, "All right, to what do I owe the pleasure then, Ms. Shelby?"

Becca smiled as she settled into a chair across from her brother, "It's my last last year of school, there's only a few months left."

Tommy nodded, clasping his hands together as he leaned forward on the edge of the desk, "And that caused you to schedule a meeting with me…?"

"Not so much the ending, as where to go from there." Reaching into her purse, Becca pulled out a couple of folded papers and held them out to him, "My trip to London last week wasn't just to visit Ada. I had an meeting with the Admissions Office at the University of London to discuss my exam results."

Becca chewed on her lip for a moment while Tommy looked over the letters, "The man I spoke with said they were very impressed with my work… I've been accepted."

Tommy hummed quietly, still reading over the papers in his hand as he settled back in his chair, "I didn't even know you were taking the tests."

"You've been busy," Becca shrugged, "I didn't want to bring it to you until I knew for certain."

Her brother sat quietly for some time and Becca tried desperately not to fidget as the nervous ate away at her stomach.

"Very well," He nodded finally, passing her back her papers, "I'll still need to discuss it with Arthur and John, ans Pol."

Becca nodded, folding the letters back up and slipping them into her bag again. She figured there would have to be a larger discussion, but at least it was out there now.

Tommy standing up caught her attention and she frowned slightly as he looked back at her expectantly.

"Well, come on, I don't have a lot of time, but it's not everyday your baby sister gets into University," The pride was unmistakable, even if he was trying to hide the beginnings of a smile, "I can take you to lunch at least."