•♤• 1 - 🍂A Lost Child🍂

Seated in a partially crowded and closed room..I paid my entire attention to what the judges finally had to say.

Their final statement, awaited by me, had caused me to quiver with a sense of fear and restlessness, as I poured the last drip of water down my throat.

"After a long discussion, we have finally settled on one decision." Said the judge, pushing back her glasses, and raising her eyebrows.

I gulped in, staring down at my trembling hand, that was unable to even grasp the empty bottle of water.

"According to the 'Punishment act' and 'Protection act' of Domestic violence against spouse, we shall now declare Mr.Jeong, as proven guilty. "
She said, looking down at the previous testimonies of the victim, in understandable words...My mother.

"Mr.Jeong will be sentenced to six years in prison."

Her voice echoed across the room, right before the crowd aroused in staggerment.

Noticeably, I was probably the only one who remained stock-still and seated at the same place, with an expressionless face.

However, internally, I was befuddled with my emotions towards this decision, taken by the judges.

"Was he my father?"

Yes.

"Was he a monster?"

Once again, Yes.

"Do I know the aftermath of this situation?"

Unfortunately, no.

Along with these thoughts helplessly floating around in my head, I turned towards my mother, who was seated at the front, covering her mouth with tears rolling down her rosy cheeks at the same time.

I couldn't quite make out, her true feelings at this very minute, or maybe she was just as perplexed as I was.

What I was sure of, was that she didn't seem to like the idea of being stared at, due to her loud sobs..resulting in her rushing over to my seat, and gripping my wrist tightly in an effort to pull me out of the gossiping crowd, and almost running, towards the nearest exit.

She didn't care about anybody's "Well wishes!" Or "Congrats", but the only action that played in her mind, was to get out of there.

With a click of the car keys, she agressively opened the car door, and forced me inside..slamming the door right after.

She soon started driving the vehicle at a speed of 50mph, along with my horrorstruck words, spitting out..one after another.

As a matter of fact, she should've experienced emotions of Joy too, but by her facial expression, I could see pain imprinted on her face.

I decided to keep quiet for the time being, and not infuriate her by asking a few 'important' questions, that might seem uneccesary to her.

In a few minutes, I had already found myself at the doorstep of our not so sweet home, with a tiny peephole in the middle, and a small board hanging from the top, holding the names of me and my parents.

I removed my shoes before entering the main hall, where my mom stood, grasping hold of various items and putting them in an enormous box made of cardboard.

"What are you doing mom..?" I questioned in bewilderment.

"Look, honey..we need to get out of here as soon as possible.." She said grasping the edge of the table in exhaustion.

"What?! Why mom?! Dad's already been sentenced for six years! Why do we need to move out?!" I questioned in anger, not knowing what to do.

"I can't afford to waste any time by answering your "Why's" and "How's". We are moving to your grandma's place and that's final." She retorted.

Now, I had no clue whatsover, about how my grandma looked like, neither did I know where she lived as I had been pretty distant from most of my family members, except mom. But the only thought that played in my mind right now, was that of my school and boyfriend.

"But mom, what about school?! And my boyfriend?! I can't just randomly leave without even letting him know!" I simultaneously asked

"Enough of your nonsense! Don't test my patience! I'll inform both your boyfriend and the principal, Mr.Lee after we reach Geurim village." She replied, before stepping inside her room, to collect her outer garments.

"Geurim village?" I questioned in an anxious yet puzzled tone.

"Yes, Geurim village. It is pretty far from here, so don't forget to pack some extra food in your backpack. Its gonna be a very long journey." She replied, walking out of her room with a pile of clothes, balancing on her arms.

"Did she just say 'a very long journey', on top of that a 'Village'?!" I internally questioned myself.

There was no way on this planet, that I would settle down in a village, in a far off land. On top of that, who knows the kind of people I would meet there? At this point there was absolutely no use in even trying to convince mom, She had already made up her mind. Looks like there's no place I could call 'home' nowadays...

I heavily sighed, walking up the stairs and reaching my room. I packed all my items, and looked around one last time, knowing it was time to bid farewell.

As I walked down the stairs, I already saw mom grasping the handles of two huge luggages, and pushing them out the door.

I tightly grasped the straps of my backpack, and looked down at the well-polished wooden floor.

Even if we shared this house with a monster, it was still, afterall our home. We couldn't blame it for anything that had happened here.

After taking a last look at our house, I turned around and walked out the main door, reaching out the rear-door of the car.

Mom had already placed our luggages and other carry bags, in the car trunk, and had soon started the engine, leading to a new journey.

I looked out my window, just to see our house minimising and soon disappearing at a distance.

I tried my best to remain optimistic, keeping in mind the current situation and pulled down my car window..enjoying the cool breeze that brushed through the strands of my hair.

I closed my eyes, hoping that all of it will get over soon. For now, all I had to do was sit back and relax.

"Jeong Y/n, you better get ready for some real trouble."

_________________________________________