Shadowy Past

Kylie felt the beat of the music pump, pump, pumping in her ear. She listened to the drums. Guitar. Bass. How they all came together in harmony and created music.

"Kylie?" A voice called faintly as a hand gently tapped her shoulder. "Kylie?"

She jumped.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Peter said shyly.

"No, No, it's okay." she reassured.

They both watched as a cardinal swooped and danced in front of the window, just before perching itself on a nearby ledge.

"My mom used to say that-" Kylie began.

"Cardinals are lost family members checking in on us." They both finished.

"Yeah my parents said that too." Peter whispered.

"Are yours...." Kylie trailed off.

"Y-yeah." Peter finished.

"Mine too." Kylie added. "My mom in the car accident, and my father from cancer when I was seven."

"I'm sorry." Peter comforted. "Both of mine died in a plane crash when I was four."

"Wow." Kylie said breathlessly. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"No it's okay." Peter added. "Mr. Stark and the team really took me under their wing. I don't know what I would do without them."

"And speaking of." He said glancing at his watch. "We need to go see him right now in the training room."

"Training room?" Kylie laughed.

"Yeah follow me." Peter called.

And together they made their way down

the hall.

"Hey." Tony called as they walked into the room. "You guys ready?"

"Sure?" Kylie answered.

"Alright let's start with this." Tony said, shuffling papers on his desk. "A building is collapsing. What do you do?"

"Call the Avengers?" Peter said sarcastically.

Tony put his face in his hands. "Peter, we are the avengers." Kylie laughed. "Evacuate the building." She added, answering Tony's question.

"Yes, at least someone" he shot a look at Peter "is paying attention."

"So for more training the rest of this week, I want you to work with Wanda on your powers." Tony instructed after they ran through several field questions.

"Alright." Kylie nodded.

Golden sunlight flooded into the room between half open curtains. There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Kylie called, and Wanda entered the room.

"Let's practice these abilities of yours." she smiled.

Kylie opened her hands, letting the blue matter swirl out.

"Good." Wanda praised. "Now fire it at the door."

"What?" Kylie questioned.

"Stark designed the doors to handle blows like that." Wanda reassured. "Do it."

Kylie lifted her hands and hurled a powerful blue blast at the door.

"Our sessions are making progress." Wanda said, impressed. "Nice work."

Kylie spaced out, and began shaking violently. Images flashed before her. Death. Victory. Hydra. The missions. "You were our weapon of war."

Her eyes opened and she gasped. Wanda's hand was placed gently on her forehead, reading her thoughts. "What did you see?" She asked nervously.

"My past." Kylie whispered. "Or scraps of it."

"You can't let it define you." Wanna said comforting. "My father used to say the past is history, the future is a mystery, but right now is a gift. That is why it's called the present. Use right now, what you can control, and make it better. I had to learn that. And once I did, I wasn't haunted by the past anymore."

"Thanks." Kylie whispered. "For all that you have done for me."

"It's nothing." she said. "I never had a daughter, but if I did, I'd hope she would be just like you."

Kylie was silent for a moment. "I couldn't have asked for a better mentor."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 28, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Shadowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें