V

Changbin didn't see Felix again, but while that was undoubtedly tragic, Changbin also had to get his life together and try to continue his studies. It didn't really work, but standing on a (small) stage with Chan and Jisung made everything else seem much more possible and within arm's reach.

Their 3Racha set went off without any major problems, and they'd had the lyrics memorised for weeks. The bar was fairly big, or it just seemed so because not a lot of people were in attendance. There were some familiar faces, Im Nayeon, Hirai Momo and Minatozaki Sana had brought some of their friends, and Kim Yugyeom and Choi Youngjae had brought some people as well.

Performing Cipher for the first time was both nerve wracking and exhilarating, but Chan and Jisung's wide smiles were worth standing in front of the crowd alone. And Changbin cheered extra loud for Jisung's solo right after. They ended after an hour to loud cheers from their socially distanced crowd. Changbin bowed and smiled during Chan's last thank you speech.

It was later, when Changbin stood by the bar and waited for drinks to carry back to Chan and Jisung that it happened.

"Oh? Him?"

Changbin had never heard that voice before, so he assumed this was a conversation that had nothing to do with him.

"Oh my god, stop, no –"

This, however, was a voice that haunted him whenever he saw the sun and smiled at the memory of the cute boy from the cafe.

Felix.

"You're Changbin?"

Changbin turned to see a man staring him down with dark eyes and dark hair. Behind him, Felix looked wide eyed and shocked and mouthed I'm sorry.

Sorry for what?

"SpearB?" Felix's friend said, tone dripping with mockery.

"Uh," Changbin said, raising his eyebrows at the tone. "My name is Seo Changbin. Can I help you?"

Felix shook his head and facepalmed behind his friend's back. Then he looked up with new determination, an adorable pout on his lips, and mimed something with his hands, expressively, that Changbin could not decipher. In any other situation, Changbin would have never stopped looking at Felix, but his friend continued to talk.

"You broke Lixie's heart. Why the fuck would you do that?"

Changbin blinked.

Please, Felix mouthed, and Changbin finally understood what Felix meant. Please just go along with this, sorry, and I'll explain later.

"I don't see how that's your business," Changbin said slowly, because what even –

"You're trash," Felix's friend continued, but Felix interrupted him.

"Minho-hyung, please." Felix tugged on Minho's sleeve. "Don't."

Minho visibly softened when he looked at Felix. Then he turned to Changbin and Changbin wished he could dissolve into mist. "I'll never forgive you," he hissed, "even if Felix forgives you."

Felix grimaced. "Hyung." He finally tugged Minho away, throwing one last desperate glance over his shoulder at Changbin.

Minho slung an arm around Felix and hugged him close, saying something to him that Changbin couldn't hear anymore.

Changbin reminded himself to close his mouth.

What just happened?

He collected the drinks finally and went back to Chan and Jisung, choosing not to tell them about the short interaction he had with Felix. He hadn't even seen Felix when they were performing. Did that mean Felix came late or had Changbin just not seen him?

What did Felix think about his performance? Would Changbin ever get the chance to talk to him again, after whatever that was? No, Minho would make sure he'd never look at Felix again, since Changbin had supposedly broken up with him... and Felix forgave him for it?

What?

But no, Changbin would definitely know if he had ever dated Felix. And he wouldn't break up with him either.

Changbin quickly shook that thought from his head. He'd literally talked to Felix once.