Pilot

I feel the sun on my face. I see trees all around me, the scent of wildflowers on a breeze. It's so beautiful. In this moment, I'm not stranded in space. It's been ninety seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another hundred years to become survivable again. Four more space locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground.
The ground, that's the dream, where I can finally run free and reach my full potential but sadly
This is reality.

Tomorrow is my birthday, down here in the sky box birthdays aren't celebrated, its marked as one year closer to death.

I share a cell with a girl called Octavia, we are practically sisters in every sense but blood, she and I are currently lying down on our beds reading our books that Dr Griffin gave us.

I look up as I sense a lot of movement from outside. "O what is that?" I ask
She looks at me confused and says "Bella wha..." The door suddenly swings open revealing two guards so like the good prisoners we are we follow our normal routine.

"prisoner 157 and 123 face the wall" the one I recognize as David Miller says.
As they approach us with a box containing silver bracelets I quickly panic "what is going on?!it's not my birthday till tomorrow!" I say. I honestly just wanted one more day with my sister, I won't even get to say goodbye to my father and Abby.

I sense Octavia panic along with loads of other kids, you see I am not considered a normal child for a few reasons but more on that later.

I reach out and hold Octavia's hand and that instantly calm her down a tad, "hold out your right arm" Mr Miller tells us
"what's going on?" "Where are we going?" me and Octavia ask at the same time but as always we are ignored, the guards attach the bracelets leaving the two girls to wince as the needle break skin, this leads Bella to believe that these are monitoring their vitals as this isn't the first time the blonde has seen a monitoring cuff.

We are forcefully lead out of our cell where we see all of the delinquents wearing a wirst band and being lead by guards.

The blonde is calm on the outside but panicking on the inside whereas Octavia is the opposite and is thrashing around demanding where we are going. "O, O calm down" I say and she slowly calms down.

I can tell by my nose that we are being lead towards a long line of prisoners and let me tell you that they stink. I can see Octavia smirking at me in the corner of my eye as I scrunch up my nose at the smell of smelly teenagers, so I give her a look and for about 5 seconds I'm able to keep up my unamused face before we are both grinning at each other, you see this is a relationship that is truly special, we are just communicate off face expressions to know what the other is thinking.

We are now by the teenagers but I am quick to see my father and the guard takes me to him as Octavia waits at the side to enter what looks like a big Dropship.

"Dad!" I say as he gives me a big bear hug.
"look your under your seat when you get down to earth" he whispers in my ear, I am very confused but for some reason as we pull away from each other I know the ground is survival, don't ask me how I know this but I can sense it so I place a kiss on his cheek as I leave the enter the Dropship with the famous

"May we meet again"

I'm quickly lead into a seat by a dark haired boy with freckles who is dressed like a guard, I can sense he is nervous as he is sweaty and his heart is racing but I brush off my concern as we begin our decent towards earth where our lives will change, some of us will be pushed to our limits, but what we don't know is that our lives will never be the same again.