Chapter 19

"I understand your reasons though," 

Randolph dragged Max to the side of the hallway which was bustling with reapers trying to put in place defences to prevent the invasion. 

"Theo could have all the other pieces. It's best he has the last piece he could save the memories. If Theo is the one he could have saved each memory into his subconscious untainted," 

Max didn't know whether to believe what Randolph was saying at all. 

"Randolph you seemed to be more confident in Theo now, it would speed up the situation best he did have this end piece now," 

Max reluctantly handed the red piece to his soul mate, Randolph took the piece and held it a little before placing it away safely. 

"Make sure he gets it, Randolph take care," Maxence wished his soul mate good luck Randolph soon teleport away.

Below them the rivers had begun to drain away; many boats that occupied it with its souls were being sucked into the void allowing a surge of demons and darkness seep up through the ground. The great darkness started to consume the cities and the sky became blackened as the demons started to pour into their world.. Theo and Alice along with the other contenders were now at the final location and the fight to get the heart was on. In front of them was the Eiffel tower, the final spot at the top somewhere the golden heart awaited to be claimed. 

"What is happening?" 

Theo looked up at the darkening swirling sky Alice noticed though they were now not far from claiming the final item. 

"Theo I need you to get that heart I'll deal with everyone else" Alice said which left Theo a little shocked until now they hadn't even used their weapons now they were at the end of the journey the stakes were high. The other contenders were realising they all now in one place they started to make a beeline to the top of the structure. 

"Wait Alice what are you going to do?" Theo's voice rattled as he watched her arm herself.

She had taken the reactor out of the car and was now arming the compact weapon they were given. It soon transformed into a double-ended blade 

"Theo get moving," 

She barked at him as Theo started to make a run towards one of the lifts though he was met with the other contenders who were fighting now.

"They're all becoming quite defensive," 

Theo panics as he is stopped in his tracks he had no choice though unarmed he was met with the swinging blade of one of the other souls. Theo's eyes widened though he had to back up he had no time to arm himself though Alice soon came in from behind and started fighting back the other contender Theo scurried away though he already noticed what was happening here clearly one half the team was going up the other half were fending off everyone else. Theo had to make a run for it.