Wiped clean

Chapter 5

Todoroki's hand was stretched out in front of (Y/n). She studied the features of his hand with her gentle (e/c) eyes. Her hand rested on her bottles of nail polish, Todoroki didn't move to see what colours she chose. He half wanted to be a surprise, the other part of him telling him to just go look now. He didn't satisfy the other of him. Todoroki was sure whatever colours she chose, they were great.

With a black stare on her face she wiped off Todoroki's hand with a wet towel. His hands weren't dirty he knew, but he guessed it was mandatory for the employs to do so. The wetness of the towel shocked him at first but he told himself to relax. That's why he came here in the first place. To get his plain nails painted by (Y/n)... No. Her working here was just a coincidence. He did come here though to have his nails done. Unexpectedly. Todoroki wouldn't have even thought he was going to be doing this today.

After she was done with the first step she picked up the nail polish and opened it. He could hear the little cling when (Y/n) loosened the nail polish. (Y/n) leaned in to dab a bit of the paint onto his thumbnail. It was the very first time his hands had ever met with nail polish, it didn't really feel like anything spacial. Just paint on his nails. He did have a hard time trying to time what was relaxing about it.

"What made you want to become a hero?" (Y/n) asked, she didn't look up from her work.

Todoroki had to think for a moment. Why? "I've always wanted to help people, save people. And I have the quirk for the job. And my father..." He didn't want to end up telling her all about that old hang. He was bad news. "My father also wanted me to be one." More like made him be one. But he ended it with that.

She let out a small chuckle. "Oh, I'll bet you'll be a great hero! My father, is well, your teacher. And so is my other dad." (Y/n) glanced up to see his reaction. Which was nothing but a clear, unemotional face.

Todoroki was a little surprised and confused. Her dads' were his teacher at UA? They taught there? Who? Which ones? Then he pieced it together, part of it, Mr. Aizawa was one of her fathers'. That's why she was walking behind him. Then her second dad must be. He didn't get anywhere after that. The only thing he could think right then was Mr. Aizawa is married? Or a boyfriend at the least. No one would ever want to date that man.

"So your dads' are Mr. Aizawa and?"

"President Mic!" Her voice loud. "He's an amazing dad!"

Well, Todoroki hadn't think to hear any of this. President Mic had been dating Mr. Aizawa, one of his teachers and he's, no joke, (Y/n)'s dad, on top of all that he's an amazing one? Todoroki didn't think President Mic was amazing at anything but being loud and being a annoyance.

"Oh." Was the only right thing to be said to all of that.

"Yeah," she added as she continued on his nails.

It was silent again. Todoroki thought of no words to be said. Hopefully this awkward time would be over soon. It was bugging him that (Y/n) was this close up to him anyways. It started to feel like mistake to come here. He knew with every cell of his body that he wasn't with events like these. The only calming things he could really do was read by himself or work on some more of his hero training.

"Are you almost done?" The words just slipped out the Todoroki. This usually never happend. But now that it had been said aloud the question seemed almost rude.

(Y/n) peered up at his eyes, not responding for a second or two. "Not yet. I've only gotten to your pointer finger."

He could sense that this would be awhile. He should think of something to say, even if it is small talk. Be better then nothing. Too bad Ashido or Kaminari wasn't setting in his spot, they would've had a great time speaking with (Y/n). They sat so far away, yet so close to them. Just out of hearings reach. Todoroki looked over his shoulder, seeing that they were in fact talking to the people giving them manicures. The only one left unspoken was Aoyama. His head was laid back and his eyes shut. Must've thought he was the king.