💴200,000💴

"I decline!" Kato yelled. "I don't think I can be an effective mentor to that man! (Y/n) is a different story because she follows that mans orders, she needs a better mentor!"

"Then, I guess you don't have to be his mentor. I'm sure he'll act accordingly." Kiyomizu, the Division Chief, said. "He is an adult after all."

The door opened, and in came Kambe and (Y/n).

"Ah, Kambe." Kiyomizu said, pointing to a desk. "You seat's that one."

Kambe sat down in the one he was assigned, with (Y/n) sitting in the one next to him. (Y/n) kept her hands on her lap while she got a better look at the office.

"Um," A girl with light pink hair rolled her chair over to the two. If (Y/n) could remember correctly, her name was Saeki Mahoro. "Would you both like one? These gummy Fish are brand new!"

Kambe held out one hand, accepting the offer. (Y/n) did the same, getting a fish as well.

"A sea beam!" Saeki smiled, referring to the two fishes that came from the bag. Both of them were the same, a red fish. "A lucky start to the day!"

Kambe picked up the fish in his other hand, and held it up, inspecting it. "(Y/n)?"

"I've had these before, sir," (Y/n) popped the fish into her mouth, chewing the gummy with a tiny tint of red on her cheeks. She rarely ate any sweet foods due to her diet consisting of everything she needed for a healthy mind and body. Besides, Kambe didn't let her eat candy and other junk food cause he said it's not good for her health. "They're safe."

There was a sudden yell by Kamei Shinnosuke, someone (Y/n) remembered seeing the previous day.

"Shut up, Kamei." Kaito said.

"It said she died form a drudge overdose., Kamei pointed to his computer screen. "That centerfold model Akiko Hoshida..."

"Seriously?" Kato yelled, standing up and slammed his hands on his desk.

"Who are they talking about?" Kambe asked (Y/n).

"Akiko Hishida," (Y/n) remembered reading the article earlier that morning, before they left the house. "She was a centerfold model. She was found dead, apparently by the overdose, and her death is making news online. Those poor guys."

"A centerfold model?" Kambe asked.

"Noting." (Y/n) said. She is not explaining what that is (if you don't know what it is, look up a centerfold model, and you'll get it).

Kambe just watched Kato and Kamei talk to one another, chewing on the gummy he had received. Now he sees why (Y/n) likes them, they're tasty.

"Chief, I'm ending over to the Stop Shoplifting Campaign now." Kato said, feeling down about his favorite model dying.

"Counting on you." The chief said.

Kato left the room, with (Y/n) not far behind. (Y/n) gave a quick bow, before she closed the door and caught up with her boss and coworker.

Kato got frustrated, and turned around, looking at Kambe. "What?"

"I'll go with you." Kambe said bluntly.

Kato turned back around and started walking. "I'll be fine by myself." He continued to walk, but Kambe and (Y/n) continued to follow. He turned back around. "So don't follow me."

"Take me to the scene, Inspector Kato." Kambe said.

That just seemed to irritate Kato even more.