Chapter 1: Forced Outside

"Out!"

Yukizome-sensei gave Chiaki a seemingly pouty look, wishing the girl would get more fresh air. With lots of bickering and pleading, the gamer was pushed outside and the door was shut behind her. Of course, she wasn't locked out. Yukizome-sensei was a kind soul, she would never do that. She just wanted the best for Chiaki, hoping the girl would get some fresh air and see the views. Talent wasn't everything to the teacher, so it shouldn't be everything to the student!

Anyway, Chiaki had snuck a console outside and was looking for somewhere to sit and play a game or two before going back in. She noticed the school football field, which is where gym class was usually held by Sakakure-sensei if the weather permitted. Chiaki had never participated in it, but people like Nidai-san and Owari-san excelled in it. The girl had found her usual crashing area, the light gray bleachers that Kizakura-sensei kept telling Kirigiri-sensei to cushion. It was usually a drunken request, and Kirigiri-sensei denied Kizakura-sensei's pleas nearly every time.

Chiaki made a small little area on the bleachers which she dusted off with her jacket before sitting down and pulling out a top quality console, playing some Super Mario on it. She usually got invested in her games, it was like the world around her swirled and disappeared. She was comfortable this way. It made her happy. She got through the first world with perfect accuracy, but the second world gave a small challenge. It wasn't that bad for the Ultimate Gamer herself, but it was still a challenge.

It was around 18:00 by the time Chiaki heard a door open and saw a figure leave, with an annoyed but bored look plastered on his face. Chiaki minded her own business- it was them who had noticed her. The figure stared at Chiaki for a few moments before walking over to her, nearly causing her to drop her console in surprise. But, the class representative kept herself together. Chiaki wished that the person- most likely male- didn't want to talk, so she kept playing her game until she lost her final life, sighed, and put the game down.

"I knew you were going to lose."

"Hm?" Chiaki looked at the guy, who had finally said something. In fact, him saying something actually seemed to make the atmosphere less thick. She put the console down on her lap and met the male's eyes, which were a deep, eerie red. They stared back into her soul, kind of threatening her. He was oddly close, but did back away a little bit after the game watching ended.

"I said, I knew you were going to lose. It was obvious, predictable even. How boring."

"Oh." Chiaki wasn't one for responses, especially not when someone she just met seemed to be dishing out hinted insults at her.

The male just took the console from her and turned it back on, starting to play himself.

"You bore me."

"Sorry.. I think."

There wasn't a response from the creepy, bored man as he just started to play, the sound of levels being completed rung into the dense awkwardness Chiaki was feeling. Eventually, around after 15 minutes, the controller was given back to her, with words saying "World 2- Completed" on them. Chiaki was in shock.

"Huh? How..?"

"It is child's play."
The male proceeded to explain what he did, with Chiaki understanding, but the thing was, she did the exact same thing.

"I did that too.. and it didn't work... probably."

"Hm. Of course you are confused. How dull."
He sighed.
"I am personified talent. Meaning, I have your talent. However, I am better."

Egotistical much? Chiaki just looked at him confused until it clicked. Oh-! He must've been the result of the Kamukura project. She'd heard Enoshima-san boasting about how her boyfriend led the project which made the perfect person, along with the said boyfriend, Matsuda-san, denying any allegations that they were dating.

"So you're Izuru Kamukura.. right?"

"Precisely."

"Oh. I'm Chiaki Nanami."

A/N:
Word count: 687
Sorry if this is considered short!! Again, this is my first fic, and also it's 23:00/11PM right now. More coming later :)