Chapter 2

A/N: it's 11pm on a Friday so writing might be shitty also i don't have a chapter name

"I had already known that."

Chiaki was caught off guard a little bit. She'd heard that Kamukura-san was the Ultimate... Everything, practically, but she didn't know he knew that much.
The only information she knew about the stranger in front of her was from rumors, spread by Enoshima-san. Enoshima-san was a complex person. On one hand, she was your generic mean girl who bullied people and milked so many things to spread rumors. But there was another side that was lesser known. If you had gotten into her closer circle of friends, like how a lot of Class 78 did, she was more of a sarcastic bimbo who tended to have anger issues.

Anyway, enough on Enoshima-san. The man in front of Chiaki was waiting for her to say something, after all, he was bored. So incredibly bored it pained him. Chiaki honestly couldn't imagine how that felt, especially since she was focusing on the fact that she had no idea what to do or say. She was socially awkward.

"There is no need to say anything. You are nervous, aren't you?"

And nervous she was. Kamukura's comment didn't seem to help her, as she just tensed up. He did notice this, but seemed to not care at all. Instead, he changed the subject.

"I suppose I will watch you game. It is better than having to be with that not only dull, but incredibly annoying Enoshima."

"Wanna play with me?"
Chiaki smiled a little at the fact that he asked to see her game, because it was a comfort to her. Instead of responding verbally, Kamukura nodded and took the blue controller from the Nintendo Switch Chiaki was using, sitting down next to her while keeping a distance. Chiaki turned on a game and let the starting sequence play, a small smile and less tense pose replacing the visibly stressed Chiaki from before.

The game started, and ended nearly as soon as it did. But to her shock, Chiaki had lost.

"Oh?"

"Predictable. I knew I would win. This is boring, just as I perceived."

Chiaki looked to him with a small pout.
"We're not done yet, we can play again, can't we? I still have a chance of winning."

"And what makes you believe such a claim?"
He scoffed at her, his gaze becoming slightly more mean and threatening.

"One more round, please? If you win I'll let you leave."

Kamukura just nodded and sighed, annoyed.

They booted up the game again and just like that, Chiaki lost.
Kamukura rose from the bleachers, handed her the blue controller, and left without a sound.

Yet he didn't leave without a thought. It was peculiar to him how she insisted to keep playing when it was obvious she knew she'd lose. He wanted to study her. At least a little more.

. . .

Chiaki was woken up by aggressive shaking.

"Nanami-saaannnnnn!!!"
A squeaky voice cried out from the person who woke her up. Kazuichi Soda, the Ultimate Mechanic.

"Hm?"
Chiaki looked at the mechanic through sleepy eyes, she could barely see, but she could somehow tell he was a crying mess from something.

"I wanna ask Hinata on a man-date, but Komaeda is with him and I'm too scared!!"

Chiaki just giggled a little bit. Soda-san never admitted his huge glaring crush on Hinata-san, even though it was really obvious. He always said man-date instead of just "date" and would always say some slang like 'no homo' if he asked to cuddle. It was something else trying to watch the mechanic fall head over heels for the reserve course student, as well as his crush on the princess, Sonia Nevermind. Nevermind-san always seemed more interested in Tanaka-san, Owari-san and Nidai-san though.

"You should just go for it... Hinata and Komaeda are only friends, and they're not too close... I think. You're probably closer to him...I guess."
Chiaki smiled in reassurance, and this actually seemed to help Kazuichi, who smiled and nodded.

"I'll make you proud- I mean Hinata proud, I mean me proud!!! I'll make someone proud!!"
And with that, Kazuichi ran off and Chiaki adjusted her eyes, seeing how busy the courtyard really was. She noticed some couples holding each other and others making out, while a select few were just talking.

Chiaki then noticed our infamous Enoshima-san talking to everyone about how Matsuda-san and Kamukura were fighting over who got to date her. She really did have a proud personality- or was it just a shell? She was smiling and talking loudly, and it made Chiaki believe that the stories about her being a well-intentioned bimbo on the deep inside were just rumors made by Ikusaba-san and other people in her circle to make her look redeemable.

It didn't really matter, since Chiaki just kept gaming.

Word count: 814
Another A/N: I have no idea what my writing schedule is. My plans for the future without spoiling too much is more junko interactions!!
Also the point of view is like a third-person Chiaki view. That's why everyone is referred to as their last name and an honorific, besides Chiaki.