Posionous Betrayal

You smiled slyly.

The poison testers had not had an immediate reaction to the poison in your husbands wine. It was slow working, and would kill you without anyone noticing until it was too late. So hours later, the the testers start dropping. Dead on the floor. Everyone panicked, because they know this means the worst.

The King starts panicking as well, and he stares up at you. You play your part well, the grief stricken wife. Mourning her husband even before he has died.

Though on the inside, you know exactly what this means. The kingdom becomes yours to rule. All of that power is now yours for the taking. You remained calm. You succeeded in poisoning him.

The kingdoms greatest healers have come to attempt to find an antidote. The poison moves slowly, but by this time it was far too late. The antidote has evaded the healers grasps for so long; how would they find it in the knick of time?

Tears fill your eyes - all fake, of course. You learned this trick long ago. Deception and manipulation worked nicely together. Twisting peoples emotions until they no longer knew who to trust.

The healers found nothing, as you'd expected.

"That power hungry woman has murdered me," he said weakly. His finger pointed toward you.

All of the attention shifted to you, and you basked in it, knowing what you had to do.

In case of an emergency like this, where he happened to find out, you created an intricate plan to frame one of the lady cooks.

You choked out a sob. "How could you a-accuse me of such a terrible crime! My husband, my love, so near death." Tears flooded your eyes.

You pointed to the cook. "She did it. I know she did. You little-" You advanced toward her, but people came in between the both of you.

"She was collecting food from the market. She just got here."

You tried to compose yourself. You weren't counting on the cook being sent to go to the market, and leaving everyone else to their own duties.

What more to do than flee the kingdom, and come back later as the most powerful villain to finally claim your rightful place?

Credit to: heavensdisaster

The story is mine.