『 CHAPT. 5 』

© 𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏

❝ AFTER DARK. ❞
𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐬 & 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧
𝐘𝐁𝐍𝟏𝟎, (𝐁𝐗𝐁)

Nicholas held his large bump as he walked into the school, his book sack giving him back pain due to him already carrying around extra weight from his unborn child. He was around 8 months pregnant now, only a few more weeks to go. He was expecting a little boy and just recently celebrated his new beginning with a baby shower. Although, he was only 16– he was making things work. The small boy sighed, getting the occasional stares from the other students. He rolled his eyes, approaching his locker before he slowly allowed the heavy book sack to fall to the ground. Nick rested his back against the cool metal, letting out a small sigh of relief from the subsided pain.

" Nick? You okay?" the boy heard, before looking up to see his best friend, Taymor— a look of worry in his eyes. " Do you need anything? Have you taken your vitamins?" Tay continued, resting his hand onto Nicholas' shoulder in reassurance. The slightly younger boy nodded his head, shooting his best friend a smile.

" Yea i'm okay, just a little tired." Nick stated, finality in his tone. Taymor nodded, leaving the situation at that. Nick continued his circular movement of his hands onto his belly, letting out a few breath seeing as he was starting to get braxton hicks lately. They were normal for someone in their third trimester, but having to go to school behind it was hard. Taymor gently rubbed circles into his best friends back, watching as the boy slowly began to calm down. " Thank you." the caramel colored boy whispered, letting out a few small breaths. Taymor nodded his head, brushing it off because he honestly didn't mind.

" Y'know.. Ben just got out of jail last week." Taymor stated, leaning against the lockers next to Nick. The boy looked over to his best friend, a glint of curiosity flashing through his eyes— before he slightly frowned, a look of guilt etched onto his face. " You haven't told him, Nick?" the mocha colored boy asked, his eyes scrunched up from the boys reaction.

" I—.. I couldn't.." Nick started, mentally face palming himself. " We aren't even in a relationship, i don't want anyone to know." the boy continued, staring down at his baby bump with a frown. He didn't want anyone to know that he had gotten knocked up by the star football player of the school— Ben had already been in jail the past few months. He didn't want to make it worse.

" Nick, you're carrying his child." Taymor stated, crossing his arms across his chest as he glared at his best friend. " He deserves to know." the mocha colored boy continued, gesturing to the large bump sticking out from Nicholas' small body. Nick mentally face palmed, hating the fact that he was actually considering telling the man he had a baby on the way. The two boys turned on their heels at the sound of cheering, watching as the star football player was happily welcomed back into the school. Nick stared at Ben as he dapped up a few of his homeboys, a smile etched onto his lips.

Nicholas sighed, glancing down at his belly curiously from a small kick he had just received. " You too huh?" Nick asked quietly, referring to his baby feeling the same way as Taymor. The boy let out a small huff, retrieving his book sack from the tiled floor. Tay watched the boy, shooting him a small smile in a way of saying " good luck". Nick gave himself a quiet pep talk, before he slowly began to approach the man in the hallway. The crowd had grown smaller seeing as the bell had just rang. " Hey, um, Ben," Nick stated, catching the mans attention. Benjamin instantly recognized the boy from a few months back— especially remembering what they had done together. " I have to talk to you.." he continued, trailing off as his hand in unconsciously went down to his belly.

Ben's eyes slowly adverted down to the large bump, that was very prominent against the boys body. The man was slowly putting two and two together, a bit taken aback that he hadn't known sooner. " The baby mines ain' it?" he asked, leaning against his locker. Nicholas slowly nodded his head, his cheeks red from embarrassment. " Why yeen been tell me? Or at least my parents, i wasn't in jail yo' whole pregnancy." Ben stated, a frown etched onto his features. He was highly upset that he had missed these precious moments with the boy, he knew that his parents would be disappointed— but, they would've supported the two regardless.

" I didn't know how you would react," Nick started, one of his arms going under his belly to retrieve some comfort. " I was scared of rejection." he continued, fixing his book sack onto his shoulder. Benjamin took notice to the uncomfortable look on the boys face, instantly retrieving the items from the him. Nicholas had dealt with rejection most of his life— starting from being born intersex, to him having a period and producing eggs. Throughout the years of his growth, he had slowly grown with female like features. But, it was clear as day that he was a boy. Ben was completely clueless to the fact that the boy could even get pregnant, but he didn't care. He was focused on the child of his that would soon be born.

" You had a baby shower?" Ben asked, staring down at the boys belly. Nicholas nodded— it wasn't much, just a small backyard get together with a few family and friends over. He had always wanted a big baby shower though when he had kids, but it was okay. The caramel colored boy was grateful. He nodded, responding to the boys question. " You havin' another one." he stated, grabbing onto the boys hand. Nick blushed from the sudden action, looking up at the man with curiosity. " You not alone no mo'." Benjamin mumbled, placing a soft kiss to the boys forehead.

Nick could feel his baby kick— but they weren't hard and uncomfortable, they were soft. As if the baby was happy. Their family was completed.

© 𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏