Dancing Queen, Young and Sweet

"HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAY!" the crowd screamed as Willa blew out eighteen candles on a three tier ice cream cake.

She never knew the two bedroom apartment she shared with her mom was now transformed into a space for her birthday party, with all her friends celebrating her, especially her closest friend Casey. She was low-key dreading the fact that she would have to consume so many calories all for her birthday, when she had a whole new life full of career opportunities just waiting for her 3,000 miles away. Her and Katy stuck with their agreement for Willa to fly back to New York to have a birthday and farewell party at once, only for her to fly back and stay in California for good.

Everyone was on good behavior fo course, even Willas' mom. Even Willas' moms' boyfriend. Willa freshened up and did bodychecks in the bathroom and was done stealing little knick knacks that reminded her of home. Her suitcase was full and she was ready to leave. She was flattered being showered with love for her eighteenth birthday, but she knew Katy was who was going to make her the happiest for her special day and was sad she couldn't spend it with her, even though they had spoken on the phone as soon as the clock struck midnight. Katy was the first to call.

"God I hope she isn't fucking John on my birthday," Willa zipped up the last of her bags and was helping her mom clean up the party mess: glitter, cake, dinner, solo cups, and the rest.

"So I hear you're gearing up to head west!" Willa's mom's boyfriend boasted, walking out of a room he did probably too many drugs in.

"Mhm," Willa turned to look away from him and continued cleaning up.

"Well, be careful out there. Cali's full of fuckin' crazies," he stumbled along the corridor.

No, it's you who's fucking crazy, you old drunk. Willa retaliated mentally and slammed her bedroom door shut. 

It was 11:48pm, she was tired out from all of the partying, and just wanted a good nights rest before heading back to LA tomorrow afternoon. But Katy was still on her mind, In fact, modeling and Katy were the only things on her mind since the party even began. 

She tried to be in the moment as much as possible, but when you're sleeping with a superstar, you don't feel like you should be anywhere else on your birthday, but with that star.

*Bzzzzz..bzzzzz*

Willa stepped out of her bathroom with a mouth full of toothpaste and saw that it was Katy calling on FaceTime. She ran back in and spit the toothpaste out as if her life depended on it, wiped her mouth and picked up her phone.

"Hi baby," she smiled at Katy lying down on her side.

"Hey birthday girl," Katy pulled the sheets to cover herself more. "How was it?"

"It was great, it was fun. I'm glad I got to see everyone before I officially leave."

"Which is.."

"Tomorrow."

Katys' face dropped suddenly, which made Willas' face drop too. "What? What's wrong with tomorrow?" the teen asked.

"Just– just make it the day after, I promise it'll be worth it. I've been....preparing shit."

Willa smirked. "Hm? What kinda shit huh? What are you up to?"

Silence.

"Is this because you feel bad that you aren't with me on my eighteenth?"

"Babygirl you would've gotten something special whether I felt bad or not. But..yes. I do feel bad. I know you wanted to be with me. And you can put this gift to use, like, right away."